April 2012 Weddings

RSVP vent -yes then no

So we got an unexpected yes RSVP from a not that close family member and wife, they selected meals and we received the response card about a week ago. Then yesterday he was talking with my dad and said they weren't coming to Hawaii but would come for our AHR. So my mom thought this was strange and followed up with them to double check. She texted me he wanted to tell me he sent it by mistake. English is not mom's first language so I'm not sure exactly how he worded it.

No prob, actually better for us to have a smaller wedding, I just find it weird. Our RSVP date is march 5 so he had time still if he was undecided.
Anniversary

Re: RSVP vent -yes then no

• I had the same problem with my recent bridal shower. We had 12 no-shows out of 40 who r.s.v.p'd. Seriously, I think that is just straight out rude that you r.s.v.p'd as a "yes" but not show up and didn't have the decency to call/email saying that you can't come afterall. 

I feel your frustration!
  • Sounds like you need to go to the source!
    April 2012 Brides October Siggy Challenge
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SAME ISSUE!!

We have 2 different RSVP issues (one is COMPLETELY understandable so I won't even mention it).

The other is a friend who RSVP'ed yes for 2 but then call ANOTHER guest to say they might not be able to come?!?  WHAT?!

So I need to wait until March 1st to see what the deal is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i don't think guests realize how stressfull thiis can be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • can i send out a bill to those who said yes and then no at the last minute like 2 days before the wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards