Pennsylvania

Distinguished Weddings Expo?

Has anyone gone to the Distinguished Weddings Expo (clicky) at the Shawnee Inn in the past?  Was it worth checking out? 

The Shawnee Inn is my venue, so I plan on going, but I'd like some reviews about this particular expo from brides who may have gone in the past.  If you have any tips or whatnot, I'd love to hear them as well since I'm not really sure what to expect at all.  This will most likely be my one and only wedding expo that I'll attend.

TIA Smile

Re: Distinguished Weddings Expo?

• ctarant0ctarant0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not been to that particular expo.  We are also getting married in the Poconos, and attended the Lehigh Valley Bridal expo.  My experience was that unless you are still looking for vendors - photographer, caterer, limo, DJ, it really is not worth it to attend.  If you are still looking, it may definitely be worth your time.

All the vendors will have booths set up with brochures, examples, demonstrations, etc.  So if you are still looking, it's a great opportunity to meet vendors in the area, discuss pricing, and get some ideas.

One word of advice - don't register to win anything.  We received calls for months telling us that we "won" honeymoons and free dinners and it was all a scam. 

Good luck and happy planning!
    ~Together since July 19, 2005~ ~Married since June 17, 2011~ ~TTC Soon!~
  • julbgordojulbgordo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ctarant!

The only thing we have booked is our venue and photographer and since the expo is being held at my venue, I'll definitely be looking into DJ's, ceremony musicians and florists at the expo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards