Washington-Seattle
Options

No rant and rave?

Isnt friday? Or is everyone else just having a wonderfully blissful day and I am the only damned one.

Rant: wow. where do I start. I fell in the bathtub this morning. I feel like I can hardly walk. I stayed up much too late. (I found a movie online I have been dying to see. ) Then my poo butt baby decided to wake up and stay up for good only 3 hours later :( Swatches for the bridesmaids dresses are MIA in snail mail world. Both my kids have shots today so that means bad attitudes for the rest of the day and my 72 year old grandpa is in the hospital with pneumonia and heart irregularities :(

Rave: its the weekend......

Re: No rant and rave?

• Options
    amylbellamylbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dang!!!

rant: have to sleep on the floor with FI  or in separate beds in an overstuffed cabin this weekend

rave:  have the day off, invites are here and on my way to leavenworth!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    alyssa, I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa & that you fell in the shower! I once flipped my head over in the shower and knocked myself out for a few seconds! Scary S@#$.

Rant: I've been alone at work for 3 weeks because my bosses daughter is sick. Running EVERYTHING myself! They laid everyone else off so I am doing so many other duties that are not mine! Luckily it's a small business - but it's still very stressful!

Rave: yesterday was my bday & we had a family dinner & then tomorrow a bunch of my friends are taking me out :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

no rants...it'll only bring more of them out of me. :)

rave: I knew not to rant.  :)

angstocker22 - happy belated birthday, enjoy your birthday weekend!
    alyssa - also sorry to hear about your grandpa, hope you are doing ok from your fall.
    To all: Hope the rants diminish and the raves increase.  Take care!

• Options
    ArchelArchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I can't beat you Alyssa. Hope things get better...

Rant: My dad is causing so much unnecessary drama and is really stressing me out. Thank God he is seeing a therapist next week (after I have been urging for going on 6 months), I am sick of playing that role for him.

Rave: I'm still in excitment over buying my dress last week! yaaaay!
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: Working on Auto CAD and it's irritating me. Ready to be done with work for the day!
    Rave: Last weekend before the wedding...lots to do, but that means it's only a week away! YAY!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe you have a week D! And Alyssa, I'm sorry!

Rant: Not too much new stuff, just the same good oldies. Kinda bummed FI and I aren't getting a place of our own as soon as we would like, but hey, we went with toys before place and now we're paying for it! Oh well, our goal is out before the wedding!

Rave: Relaxing weekend ahead! And the only thing wedding related is starting on invites, yay! Oh, and FI's ring is almost done! Going to go make sure it's sized correctly sometime here.
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: It's only 2:00pm... isn't this work day over already?

RAVE: Date night tonight with my FI! I surprised him with reservation to The Melting Pot! He has been doing such a great job budgeting for the wedding he definitley deserved a treat!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yum, melting pot!  Sorry to hear about your grandpa, Alyssa.

Rant: One venue told me they are having a promotion through Saturday.  Our tour there is on Saturday.  We've only started looking and I'm not sure I want to decide that quickly (right then and there) but I also like saving money.  I just wish they would give us a couple extra days to look at two other places we have in mind.  Boo

Rave: No class this weekend! Ladies Night tonight.  Oh, and Woodinville wine tour Sunday! Yay!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    elleh08 - I am going to the Melting Pot tomorrow! That's funny :) Have fun!!!

Macpanda - I would try telling them that you are very interested but you need to "talk about it with your parents" or something. See if they give you a couple days. It's worth a try :)
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  It isn't 5:30pm yet.

Rave:  Husky Basketball tomorrow, BOOO COUGS!!!  And wedding dress shopping on Sunday!
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Ang. I like the parent mention idea.  I'll give it a shot!

Yay for dress shopping too, mgoss!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  DJs suck.  I am so sick of DJs that I just want to have no music at my wedding, lol.  I just finally got an email back from Entertainment NW and they said they have contracts out for all of their DJs for our date & are waiting to get them back (they give people 10 days), but there's a waiting list also & I am like, #3.  Eff.

Rave(s):  FI surprised me yesterday by doing a whole bunch of honeymoon research, and also calculated all of our income/expenses until the wedding to determine exactly how much money will have for everything we have left.  I didn't ask him to do either of those things, and he doesn't take part in wedding planning, so that was pretty cool.
    Also, I had a much needed really good day at work.  We wrapped up our Antarctica studies by making ice cream in a coffee can.  The kids had SO much fun, and it was literally the best vanilla ice cream I've ever eaten!  Plus, my progress reports are finally done, and that's a huge weight off my back.  Phew!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenny: me too!  for some reason, DJ's have been the hardest vendor for me.  They are so expensive.  And most of them are not getting back to me!  Grrr.  I pod anyone?

Rant:  PMS, fighting off a migraine and an infection and just feeling icky.

Rave: Had today off (unpaid furlough though) and spent the day w/ my friend and her 5 week old baby. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about the rants everyone.....and jennuine - i feel you on the migraines.   UGH!!

I've just got a rave today, probably because it's late and i'm too tired to rant....but we just went to a tasting at our reception site, basically to figure out what food to pick.  all of the food was so great - i'm so excited about our reception....but, all of the food i ate is not good for the whole diet.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards