Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

S'more bar too messy??

We are thinking about a s'more bar because my fiance and I love camping and s'mores are my favorite! To be honest, I didn't even realize it was the trend now! Anyways,I'm worried the mess it will make and people not wanting to make the s'mores since they will be all dressed up.  Anyone had or been to a wedding with a s'more bar? How did it go?? Thank y'all!!

Re: S'more bar too messy??

• edited December 2011
    If there was a S'More bar at a wedding, I'd pass.  I don't want melted chocolate or marshmallow on my attire whether it be my own darn fault or leftover chocolate/marshmallow from some other guest. 
  • edited December 2011
    i've never heard of or seen a smores bar.  but i would dig in for sure!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a S'mores Bar would be awesome! I think it would be messy however... I can't think of a good alternative to the mess. Hopefully someone will have a good suggestion!

I say go for it! I think plenty of people would enjoy it!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm wondering about the logistics. Also, why there has to be a bar. I mean, s'mores are 3 ingredients, so it's not like they'll be customizing, right? Why not do a "s'mores" pie or cake or cheesecake or something?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • AbbyjensenAbbyjensen member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you could have mini s'mores set up- tiny graham crackers with a small piece of chocolate and mini marshmallow. Then someone could just pop it in their mouth.
  • jl409jl409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    !!

Thanks everyone!! I love the mini smore suggestion!! Msmerymac, this is what I had in mind.  I saw it at a Bridal Extravanza in Houston and I would rent the setup.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_smore-bar-messy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:8abba113-9aff-4f0d-b4dd-10a9fd41e137Post:f686b93a-5791-47cf-a7aa-f7bc76dd143b">Re: S'more bar too messy??</a>:
    [QUOTE]!! Thanks everyone!! I love the mini smore suggestion!! Msmerymac, this is what I had in mind.  I saw it at a Bridal Extravanza in Houston and I would rent the setup.
    Posted by jl409[/QUOTE]

I think that set-up looks great. As a guest, I would not let the possibility of getting a little messy get in my way of a smore! Just make sure to have wet-wipes at a couple spots on the table so people can clean themselves up...a plain napkin makes the mess even worse because it just sticks to your fingers lol
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to one and the wedding I'm in next weekend, we'll be doing one too. I think they're a lot of fun and best saved for the end of the night, when people won't be walking around with the mess on them for too long.
  • jl409jl409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kaesha- So you have been to a wedding that has had one?! Was it messy? I guess guests enjoyed it since you are having one?  Is your setup going to be like the pic I posted or are yall having an outdoor fire pit? 
  • edited December 2011
    The one I've been to had a set up similar to what you posted, but the one I'm going to next weekend will have a fire pit. I'll report back to you if you like! The set-up one was cute, but I'm really excited about next weekend's. There's something more authentic about having a fire pit outside and chilling some friends with guitars, you know (it's a totally hippy wedding)?
  • jl409jl409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah- would love a report back :)  I know, our 1st venue choice had an outdoor area and we had planned on getting a chimenea (sp?) or a fire pit.  However, that venue didn't work out so we are having it inside and this s'more setup is the next best thing :).. Thank you!!  Which  setup are you having for your wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, I didn't do one for mine. I'm a bridesmaid in the wedding next weekend and because it's on a tiny little island that necessitates a DIY affair, I'm setting it up along with the lemonade stand.
  • jl409jl409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kaesha- I'm sorry I misunderstood.  I can't wait to hear about the smore's next weekend :).  I am very curious how it goes!!
  • ltrogmltrogm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I say go for it. I think the set up looks really nice and I also love the mini smore's idea! Iwould totally dig in. If people are worried about getting messy then they won't go for it but I think it would be a hit. Plus clothes can get messy with anything and they are washable. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards