Louisiana-New Orleans

Courtney Macbeth/Kismet Weddings

I booked Courtney Macbeth to do day-of planning for my wedding on June 4th.  Up until a month ago, she was incredibly responsive and helpful.  However, over the past several weeks I have not been able to get in-touch with her...her mailbox is full (and says she was at a destination wedding until May 15th), and she has not responded to any e-mails.  Is anyone else working with her?  My wedding is next weekend and I am really concerned!!!

Re: Courtney Macbeth/Kismet Weddings

• edited December 2011
    I am using Courtney as well, although my wedding is not until next year.  I had emailed her about a month ago with some questions and hadn't heard back; I guess I just thought she was busy with other weddings.  She has been so great up until then, what you are saying has me worried - I hope nothing has happened to her!  I hope everything goes well with your wedding!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • MaggieB83MaggieB83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I still haven't heard anything, so I am canceling my contract and booking someone else.  I really hope she's OK because it's so unlike her (which is why I am both worried for her and feeling like I should book someone else).  I reached out to a TON of other coordinators to find someone last minute, everyone has been so supportive and I can send you some people who are around the same price!
  • edited December 2011
    If you book a "day-of" wedding coordinator - does that generally mean she is available to you on the day of the wedding not weeks or months before? This may be case.  I am not being rude with this remark, but being the industry, I know a lot of brides do get that confused.
  • edited December 2011
    No, I booked Courtney as a day-of with some extras, but even before we signed a contract she was and has been available and responsive as far as questions and help go.  Thanks for the offer, but since our wedding is almost a year away, I think I'll wait it out and see if everything works out.  If I was in your position, I would've totally gone with someone else, though!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good news!  I heard back from her.  She's said she's sent me several e-mails and hadn't heard back from me, and that there's been issues with her e-mail but everything should be resolved.  She also had two destination weddings in a row.  No worries!
  • dnaexpertsdnaexperts member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Courtney, What is your problem?  You had no troubles cashing my check however I have yet to receive a copy of OUR contract or a return of my phone calls.  I understand personal emergenices, however I am not buying it from you.  What a shame.  You could have had a great business, however, based upon my experience with you and your business I can promise you, there will be no favorable referals from me.  Good luck with your scam.  Enjoy your short lived experience in small business.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have decided not to use Courtney Macbeth for my wedding, as well.  ngddvm1: PM me if you want to discuss!
  • edited December 2011
    This EXACT thing happened to me! I ended up having to fire her the WEEK OF my wedding because she had lied and told me that she contacted all of my vendors but after checking in with all of them they had never heard from her.I had to scramble the days before my wedding but luckily my venue was kind enough to jump in and offer a friends services for the day. 

She didn't return any of my emails about reimbursing my deposit until I threatened legal action and she said that she thought she had fulfilled her duties etc. and would not be returning the deposit. I was truly shocked because as you said she was extremely nice and responsive at first. Did your wedding happen yet and what happened? I'm sorry you had to deal with this too!
  • edited December 2011
    MEPR, sorry you had to go through that. Also, don't expect to get your deposit back, she has refused to return at least 3 deposits that I know of. Smells like a scam to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    SCAM ALERT 
    It is a scam and it's horrible! I would advise anyone considering Kismet Weddings to run the other way fast. It's amazing she is still getting business when the industry is so small. 
  • edited December 2011
    So I've decided to not use Courtney any longer as well.  Granted, I did not have specific problems with her personally (yet) except for being out-of-touch for a period of time, but after the stories from the other ladies here, I am not willing to take that risk.  I'm not expecting my deposit back since she has not technically violated any part of our contract like she has with other people.  It's really too bad that things are ending up like this with her.
  • edited December 2011
    I fired her via email, but she hasn't even responded to her firing for about 1 week.. unbelievable!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone else notice she removed her listing from The Knot as a vendor? Or am I just missing something? What a scam. I feel sorry for my fellow brides that she scammed. What a loser.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I sent her a certified letter last week that she refused to sign so now I guess I'll have to fire her via email as well.  I'm going to keep the certified letter just in case to show that I tried to send it.  I just don't get it...she seemed so nice when I met her....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards