Missouri-Kansas City

Reception/videographer?

Hello! :)
I live in MD, but I'm having the wedding in Kansas City because, FI is from there and his entire family lives there also. I've been emailing and calling Abbey from Loose Mansion and I really like it the place. I thought about having my ceremony elsewhere(budget issues) and having the reception on the third floor. Can someone please help me with some inputs regarding the venue/food/DJ? Also, I'm looking for a videographer on a budget! Oh..I'm having 70 guests only :) Thank you!

Re: Reception/videographer?

• jumercesjumerces member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    @eneh2012
    Really? That's soooo cool! Where are you having your ceremony and reception?
  • weddingchick82: I looked at the website. It's $1200..I just don't see myself paying that much..I'm not even sure if I want video lol I just know that I might regret it..I just found Lees summit video? I have to check the reviews but the price is really good!

@kelleyku05: I saw a couple of your pics in your bio! you looked amazing! :) I really like the venue, but I'm afraid that it would be out of my budget(and they're not available for my dateS :( I'm still trying though! I looked at Berg too and it was really nice..
  • What about Union Station??  Not sure pricing, but I've seen many events held there.  We had our engagement photo shoot there also.  Pictures were AMAZING.  You didn't say if you needed a photographer but if you do, ours is excellent.

Jesse Blacklaw Photography - http://jesseblacklawphotography.zenfolio.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_receptionvideographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:fcaf4294-7234-4f0d-a21e-a7cd8485db0bPost:e8847f94-dfc3-4b9d-8c75-f6122df46d58">Re: Reception/videographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]@eneh2012 Really? That's soooo cool! Where are you having your ceremony and reception?
    Posted by jumerces[/QUOTE]

<div>My wedding and reception will be at the Sheraton Overland Park.  It's a really nice hotel and I am able to do everything reception and ceremony there.  Being in Maryland and planning a wedding in KC isn't easy so I tried to find a venue that took care of as many elements of the wedding as possible.  I didn't want to have to deal with a lot of different vendors. </div>
  • I know what you mean! I'm getting crazy by the minute here! lol I have some of FI's family there, but I'm planning a trip as soon as I get flowers and bakery down.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_receptionvideographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:fcaf4294-7234-4f0d-a21e-a7cd8485db0bPost:0109b19f-fb46-480a-8beb-b368bbcb80ae">Re: Reception/videographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know what you mean! I'm getting crazy by the minute here! lol I have some of FI's family there, but I'm planning a trip as soon as I get flowers and bakery down.

<div>Yeah I'm going in a few weeks too to finalize some more things.  I'll get off the plane and go straight to appointments.  It might be good for you to look for a wedding planner if you don't already have one.  I am originally from KC so that kind of helped me but a wedding planner could give you some good insight.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_receptionvideographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:fcaf4294-7234-4f0d-a21e-a7cd8485db0bPost:00947be7-0499-406a-be56-954ae6ef485c">Re: Reception/videographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]weddingchick82 : I looked at the website. It's $1200..I just don't see myself paying that much..I'm not even sure if I want video lol I just know that I might regret it..I just found Lees summit video? I have to check the reviews but the price is really good! @kelleyku05: I saw a couple of your pics in your bio! you looked amazing! :) I really like the venue, but I'm afraid that it would be out of my budget(and they're not available for my dateS :( I'm still trying though! I looked at Berg too and it was really nice..

Thanks!  There are a lot of great options here so keep looking and check in to get reviews!
  • I found Shawn from Nouvelle Productions and he is really nice! I saw a couple of his weddings clips and I like it, but I can't find much about him..Does anyon worked with him before?

As for my reception, for budget reasons, I'm leaning towards the 2000 Grand or Tifanny Greens

• eneh2012eneh2012 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_receptionvideographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:fcaf4294-7234-4f0d-a21e-a7cd8485db0bPost:d19ae0f0-3711-4e08-a153-1bf65b75bff2">Re: Reception/videographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found Shawn from Nouvelle Productions and he is really nice! I saw a couple of his weddings clips and I like it, but I can't find much about him..Does anyon worked with him before? As for my reception, for budget reasons, I'm leaning towards the 2000 Grand or Tifanny Greens

<div>
    </div><div>I have not had experience with him.  You might want to start another post to ask that question.  More people are likely to see it that way. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_receptionvideographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:fcaf4294-7234-4f0d-a21e-a7cd8485db0bPost:1e2a50a5-4997-4151-b4e1-81c6817a619e">Re: Reception/videographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reception/videographer? : I have not had experience with him.  You might want to start another post to ask that question.  More people are likely to see it that way. 
    Posted by eneh2012[/QUOTE]

True. :) Thank you!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_receptionvideographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:fcaf4294-7234-4f0d-a21e-a7cd8485db0bPost:00947be7-0499-406a-be56-954ae6ef485c">Re: Reception/videographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]weddingchick82 : I looked at the website. It's $1200..I just don't see myself paying that much..I'm not even sure if I want video lol I just know that I might regret it..I just found Lees summit video? I have to check the reviews but the price is really good! @kelleyku05: I saw a couple of your pics in your bio! you looked amazing! :) I really like the venue, but I'm afraid that it would be out of my budget(and they're not available for my dateS :( I'm still trying though! I looked at Berg too and it was really nice..

<div>We thought we would love the Berg event space, but the smell we got from walking past the trash and grease traps to get into the building was horrific. I can't even imagine such a smell being the first impression my guests have of my wedding reception! It's beautiful on the inside, but you've got to get in first!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards