Pennsylvania-Central

Candy Buffet

Anyone ever done or having a candy buffet?  Where did you get your jars?  Candy?  Other items needed?  Any help would be great!!  Our colors are black and white and hot pink ...  Thanks!!!!  =)

image 165 Invited
image 105 Are attending one amazing party!
image33 Are missing out!
image 27 Haven't sent back their responses yet
RSVP Date: October 23

Re: Candy Buffet

• edited December 2011
    I am not doing one, but check the Wedding Classified section on TK, or Trash to Treasure on the nest because people post their entire candy buffet jars and scoops on there to get rid of them after their weddings.  You might be able to scoop up a deal!
  • edited December 2011
    Ok so I might be crazy but where do I find the wedding classifieds on TK and the other section you mentioned on the TN?  

image 165 Invited
    image33 Are missing out!
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't do this but you may have some success by checking out Ikea or locally at the Flower and Craft warehouse in Blue Ball, PA.  That place.. well both.. are extremely addictive!  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I am selling my candy jars :) Email me lindsmarie0228 at yahoo dot com if you are interested.
    I bought my jars at Ikea and Goodwill. I also had some neat flower vases that I used as well.
    TTC #1 since 11/10
    10/11: Dx PCOS, 2000mg Metformin
    imageimage
    My Blog
    April Nesties March siggy challenge: Next Vacation, Anguilla!!
  • edited December 2011
    If you click on community at the top right of the page, the Wedding Classified is on the main page.  If you click on Life Boards on the tabs at the top, Trash to Treasure board is under the Life Boards tab.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.  I have problems giving directions sometimes, lol
  • edited December 2011
    We picked up a lot of our containers at Goodwill and Salvation Army. I have also seen great deals on Apothecary type jars at TJ Maxx and Marshalls. For candy we didn't coordinate with our wedding colors, we just chose all our favorite goodies from sour gummy worms to Gertrude Hawk smidgens. We purchased the majority of our candies at Sam's Club and also Gertrude Hawk Factory stores.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • EmmaT683EmmaT683 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm new to the local board. We are going to do the candy bar, and our colors are black and white. I'm not going to incorporate our colors though. I found a great website oldtimecandy.com. I love this because its some classic favorites! If you wanna stick to the color theme candywarehouse.com is good, although it seems kinda pricey! I'm gonna stick with the TJ Maxx and Marshalls idea for the jars and also the Restaurant Store in Camp Hill area to pick up the scoops. Hope this helps :)
  • bridalgal50bridalgal50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
     My daughter found the scoops for her candy buffet at Green Dragon! =)
    Candy mostly came from Weaver's Candy and Cookie Outlet in Ephrata.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!  I've been MIA for a bit and just had a chance to read all the posts.  You guys are great!!! 

image 165 Invited
    image33 Are missing out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards