African American Weddings

Monday Madness

Ladies Ladies Ladies...

How was your weekend?

Did you get everything accomplished that you wanted to?

Anything you had to set for another time?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Monday Madness

• sharonda1981sharonda1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes my weekend was productive. I signed the contract with the DJ, shopped for accessories. Set appointments for next weekend for BMs to try on dresses and order them. I am satified!
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Weekend was filled with snow, cold and Football.

we picked out our wedding bands, i finished the jumping broom and am still undecided about what the BM's will wear.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I had a very good weekend. Me & My Bridal Party went to the Bridal Extravaganza
  • edited December 2011
    The weekend was fairly productive. I didn't do ANYTHING for school or work. Which is really unfortunate for me... But I did pick up my gown, do the groom's preview for FI tuxes, he got most of the GM and my dad sized and deposit paid for tuxes.

Today is a snow day for us so I will get more done as I sit trapped in the house today!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Went to the Bridal Extravaganza and got a WHOLE lot of info. New Bridal stores open, Im getting excited now about the whole planning thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had a great weekend! I went to a bachelorette party that I was kind of nervous about but I am so glad that I went. We had a ball.
  • edited December 2011
    I spent time with FI and typed his guestlist into an excel spreadsheet vs the many pieces of paper he had the addresses on.

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We didn't get anything WR done :-(

I helped my FI move, so after that we were so tired, we did not do a thing, lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lyar915lyar915 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing I did this weekend is to get serious about planning this wedding. 4/21/12 is getting closer and closer.
  • edited December 2011
    I met with my flower lady and my day of coordinator. My mother actually had the opportunity to go along and my FI was in town. It was perfect.

We all had a pre-marital counseling session this weekend. It was really good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This weekend we took FMIL out to pick out her dress for the wedding and she found one and put a deposit down on it!! I am so excited about that!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    I was able to meet with our wedding decorator and finalized the centepieces, linens, and chair covers for the reception.  I also finally picked out my flowers for my bouquet and gave that info to FMIL because her friend is making our bouquets, bouts, and corsages. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered a cake topper from Crafty Eddy and also ordered crystals from ebay to strass it myself.  The wood cake topper from Crafty Eddy was only $14, which included shipping, and I ordered 1,440 hotfix crystals for only 10.99, which had free shipping.  Then I went to Michael's and got the hotfix tool to apply the crystals and used my 40% off coupon, so I only paid $12 for it.  Overall, I'm paying much less than I would have if I had bought a cake topper that was already adorned with crystals.  I plan to do other items like a Mr. & Mrs. sign from Crafty Eddy down the road.  I'll post pics when I'm done!
  • edited December 2011
    I got a ceremony cite booked (yay, was really stressed over that), decided on how I am going to do and decorate my program basket, bathroom baskets and card box. Got FI to work on his guestlist (hallelujah!!!!), and started getting all my info organized in one place. And started designing our monogram.
  • edited December 2011

WR: -We decided we are going to have a destination wedding, going to get married in VEGAS!

NWR: -We did get our new dryer
              -Had nice Saturday just the two of us
              - Watched football & caught up on wedding shows

Is It Friday yet? Tongue out

• lashun1987lashun1987 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I went to two bridal shows found my wedding dress and found the groomens suit and booked with the photographer for our engagement and wedding photos..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Had a nice & relaxing weekend! FI & I entertained my FMIL for the weekend. FMIL & I got pedis on Friday. Rest of the weekend we all chilled, went out to eat, and watched football.

WR: Attempted to finalize the wedding website, but was distracted & put it off for this weekend.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    i went to the Bridal Extravaganza with my fiance, mom, aunt and my maid of honor..it got the wheels turning in my brain for a lot of stuff. my poor baby was bored out his mind..lol  i am currently debating on whether i want to do the bouquets and boutonnieres myself, or pay someone to make them. i'm creative, but not really patient.. if i DO decide to hire a florist to make everything, i'll tell them exactly what flowers i want; THAT, i DO know for sure. we went through a few catalogs and picked out some things we liked for our wedding registry, and i will sign up for all that online, once we finalize everything...which reminds me..i need to reserve a date to attend the Crate & Barrel wedding registry event. :) AND, i'm having second thoughts on the kind of wedding cake we picked..(that was one of the first things we did when we got engaged.) aaaahhhh!!!!! i did nothing non-wedding related..Sunday was chock full of weddingness.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit Purple.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards