California-Los Angeles

QOTD

Did you watch the Oscars?  Were you surprised by any of the winners?  Who do you think was best dressed?  Worst dressed?
Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: QOTD

• nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I watched them.  Don't usually agree with winners mainly cuz I usually haven't seen all the movies.

I thought Ann Hathaway's 1st dress was gorgeous and Natalie Portman looked amazing!

I thought Marisa Tomei's dress was uuuuuuuugly!

I also thought Kirk Douglas was funny! 
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I watched them. All the acting awards were what was expected, so no surprises there. I know it was questionable whether Social Network or King's Speech would win best picture. I'm REALLY happy it was King's Speech. I had no desire to see The Social Network, but KS was really very good. I liked True Grit the best, but I'm happy for Colin Firth, et al.

My favorite dresses were: Scarlett Johanssen, Mila Kunis, Marisa Tomei, Amy Adams and Natalie Portman.

Cate Blanchett's dress was horrendous. It looked like it belonged on Star Trek.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know names right now, but I actually think that the little girl from True Grit looked best.  Totally age appropriate and so pretty!

Worst I would have to say the blonde chick nominated for best actress that was in the redish dress.  It was way too casual for the Oscars.

I have the preshow taped at home, so I haven't seen what everyone has worn quite yet.  I wish more people would put their hair up instead of the natural look!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards