Connecticut

Help, CT ladies!

So, my wedding is in three weeks and I still have no jewelry!  I really only need a bracelet and earrings, but haven't found any I like.  Any ideas about where I can find wedding jewelry locally?

Thanks!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
215image 174image 41image

Re: Help, CT ladies!

• ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ran into the same problem you have. I looked all over for a bracelet and earrings, but came up with nothing until 2 days before my wedding. I went to Macy's and JCPenney and found a bracelet at one and earrings at another! For cheap too!
  • edited December 2011
    What type of a look are you going for?  Do you want big chandalier w/ lots of bling? pearls? delicate? handmade?  It may help us give you options if we have an idea what look you're going for.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't want anything to bridey or princessy.  I'd like bigger chandelier type statement earrings with some pearl and some bling.  I'd like them to look antiquey looking.  I'd also like a chunkier bracelet to match the earrings. 

Thanks for the help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EStar73EStar73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beckers in West Hartford has a whole selection of estate jewelry. It's used but in very good condition and for cheaper than you would find new pieces. My mother got her anniversary band from them and I love them because they are awesome with customer service. My e-ring and our wedding bands are from them.
  • Swiftsong8Swiftsong8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It may soud weird but try Forever 21. They have some INSANE earrings and sooooooo inexpensive too.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I found some awesome antique looking pave CZ chandelier earrings at Lord & Taylor.  They carry Nadri, which are really nice (and don't look cheap and fake).  I'd definitely take a look there.  They also weren't that expensive, and often L&T runs sales on their jewelry.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    actually kohls has some great stuff. thats where i got the jewelry for my wedding!!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got lucky at a TJ Maxx, of all places!  i found earrings and a necklace for like $10 each!
  • AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  Thanks everyone!  I'm going shopping today, so I'll let you know how I make out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second Beckers in W. Hartford Center - my e-ring and our wedding bands came from them. We like their customer service and they do have an interesting selection of estate jewelry - good prices. 

Also, I like dept stores for jewelry - Lord & Taylor being one of my favorites for jewelry.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • edited December 2011
    Syms/Filenes basement have some nice stuff as well. What's that brand at JCPennys or Macy's that looks vintage- 1828? That would be a good one to find.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Did you try asking your friends?  I'm borrowing all my earrings from a friend and a bracelet from my aunt.  I actually had my mom and aunts show me all their jewelry and figured out what I wanted to wear. 
  • edited December 2011
    I got my stuff from JC Penny's - PIB.  If you look on a weekend their stuff is always on sale!
  • edited December 2011
    If you haven't found anything yet & if Enfield isn't too far from you try Roxys Boutique in the Enfield Mall. She makes all her own jewelry & will make whatever you want. Her prices are pretty reasonable.
    Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • meglc4191986meglc4191986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my earings from ICE.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards