New York-Hudson Valley

Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel

Hello! My fiance and I met here, at the poughkeepsie grand hotel. I thought, how lovely would it be to get married there?? I checked out their prices, and thought it was pretty reasonable for a Friday night wedding. My question is, has anyone gotten married here? We need a venue where we could get married on site. How was it, would you recommend it?
December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket

Re: Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel

• We had our reception at the Grandview, which is owned by the same owners as the Grand, and it was wonderful! Unfortunately, the prices are a bit higher than the Grand. But, we (and most of our guests) stayed at the Grand, and have nothing but wonderful things to say about it. And, brides on this board who have had their weddings at the Grand always seem to give it great reviews. Happy Planning!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Been to many weddings there, lovely service and food. The staff is very good and responsive.
  • YAY!!!! I am so excited, I have an appt there on Friday! Can't wait!
  • We had our reception there.  I can't say enough about how wonderful everything was.  The food, attention to detail. Everything.  Their prices are amazing and there is just so much of everything.

I can't recommend them enough
  • We were married there in September - one of the best decisions we made!  Everything was amazing, didn't have to worry about a thing, and the value for the price is unbeatable.  I would receommend them in a heartbeat!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, I am getting so excited already!!!! I have my appt on Friday. One more day! I can't wait to see which dates they have available, and to start getting on the wedding plans! I just want to be married already! I can't wait!!!!! I am SOOOOOO excited to get married, and then start making babies!!!!!! Thank you all for such fabulous reviews!
  • i went to a couple weddings there, its really nice. I am not sure how what your plans for new years is but they have a new years eve party. its 350 per couple and it includes a sit down dinner (same food as they serve for weddings) open bar, appitizer and champagne toast, contential roomservice at 2 a.m., a room and a full brunch the next morning at shadows. If you can go, you can see what the venue can offer for your potential wedding.
    Photobucket invite1
  • Oh, thanks for the New Years Eve update! Unfortunately we won't be able to go to that, but we did go to our meeting today! Our wedding will be there - but we are just waiting to hear from our DJ to determine what date! YAY!!!!!!! Sooooooo excited! Its meant to be!!!!!
  • My husband and I also had our reception there and it was wonderful!  I highly recommend it!  You will be so happy you chose it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The Poughkeepsie Grand was on my list as a possible venue.  It excites me to read so many great reviews.  Thank you :-)
  • The Poughkeepsie Grand was on my list as a possible venue.  It excites me to read so many great reviews.  Thank you :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards