Maine

Outdoor Wedding in Northern Aroostook ME

Can anyone recommend vendors that can/will service Northern Aroostook County?  The only ones I can find are all located around Portland or the southern coast.  We're planning from NY and would love to get married on my parents' property up there but if we can't find enough of what we need, we will have to reconsider. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
April 

Re: Outdoor Wedding in Northern Aroostook ME

• RheddeRhedde member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Can anyone recommend vendors that can/will service Northern Aroostook County?  The only ones I can find are all located around Portland or the southern coast.  We're planning from NY and would love to get married on my parents' property up there but if we can't find enough of what we need, we will have to reconsider. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!
    April 
  • edited January 2012
    Try posting this on the Maine board.  Click on Local Wdding Board Link off to the Left.

Do you have friends and family up in that area?  I would also contact them for local suggestions.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I would look into Portage Lake.  It is between Presque Isle and Ashland.  The lake is gorgeous during the Summer.  Good Luck!
  • I am getting married at Portage Lake in one month and one week!  Sorry, I realize this thread is a little old, but I did a search for Northern Maine related posts and was so excited to see this!  My parents are originally from the Portage area and we've been going there every summer my whole life.  I couldn't imagine anywhere else I would want to get married!  The location is beautiful, and they just built a pavilion across from the lake a few years ago, which is where we are having our reception.  The biggest problem I've run into is that b/c it's a kind of remote area it's been tough to book traditional vendors.  But we're making it work.  I was worried that our out-of-state guests would grumble about how difficult it is to get there, but most of them see it as an adventure and/or an excuse to take a Maine vacation.  Feel free to message me if you have any questions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards