Wedding Invitations & Paper

How can I invite everyone without it being a nightmare?

Hello Everyone, 

Is this board still actively moderated? Either way, I have a very quick etiquette question. My FH and I are getting married in Rhode Island - close to his CT family but far for my MI family. My mom really wants to throw a celebration in our honor the weekend following the wedding in MI. How would I word this on the invitation? I feel like the logistics of RSVP's are going to be a bit crazy. For example: Does someone who is not going to the wedding have to decline that invite and then accept the Detroit one? Or for FH family.. would they have to decline the MI if they are attending the RI ceremony/reception? 

Has anyone else experienced this issue before? My mom wants to invite everyone from MI side of the family to the wedding- knowing that only about 30/150 people are willing to travel (she already did a census when asking for addresses)- but then also give everyone the choice of everything.  

Can anyone help me with the wording and/or give me advise on how to facilitate this?

I hope this makes sense.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How can I invite everyone without it being a nightmare?

• They are two separate events, so...two separate invitations. The first is your wedding invitation. The second is a reception in your honor, hosted by your mom.
  • I agree. Send everyone a wedding invitation as normal. Then also send the MI people an invitation to the celebration of your marriage. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Use separate invitations for the two events.  Send the wedding invitation normally, and then send an invitation of whatever formality is appropriate to the MI people.
  • I would also add that your FI's immediate family should at least get an invite to the other event, if only in the interest of family harmony lol. It might not technically be strict etiquette, but I would see it as similar to both moms and the BMs being invited to any showers that are thrown.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards