Wedding Etiquette Forum

NO MORE ORANGE BAR FOR ME!

Re: NO MORE ORANGE BAR FOR ME!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_orange-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b6b01c11-45c9-4a47-87d1-918d02e0ff4ePost:7b2db860-0e52-457d-94ae-debdcffcdace">Re: NO MORE ORANGE BAR FOR ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think GBCKing at all is kinda lame. I mean, I get it if you just get busy and move on with life. But huffily storming out always kind of strikes me as weird.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

And it's a little AW IMO. Although if I had to say which is better I think it's kind of bunk to hide it at the end of a 700 post long thread. Say what you have to say, out in the open, and move on.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if she was lurking. If she comes back, great. But I do hope that she finds strength and an outlet IRL either way so that she can be happier too.
  • I agree Shan. I am a little surprised Missy hasn't wandered back over here.
  • edited January 2012
    Maybe Missy hasn't found any help/uplifting news yet so she doesn't want to come back to say the same thing again.
  • It's possible MuSu
  • I also wonder how many GBCK-ers actually continue to lurk forever but just are too stubborn to come back and post.
  • I find it interesting that after years/months of support and amicable conversation, after one time of being disagreed with or offered some harsh reality truth.... people suddenly decide we are all ONLY bitches and nothing else.
  • The other Missy did not GBCK. I noticed she said something about not having internet for a while or something, a few days ago.
  • If I leave it will probably be because I'm bored of you bitches. :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_orange-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b6b01c11-45c9-4a47-87d1-918d02e0ff4ePost:9a20dcc1-7a9e-45b0-adda-a1e6414a9fbe">Re: NO MORE ORANGE BAR FOR ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I find it interesting that after years/months of support and amicable conversation, after one time of being disagreed with or offered some harsh reality truth.... people suddenly decide we are all ONLY bitches and nothing else.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

ITA I can only listen to (read) someone's problems and offer supportive words for so long. There's a point where enough is enough and something has to be said. I have my own problems in life that I'm trying to sort through. I cannot continuously be bogged down by others' problems without finally having to say something. If that makes me a doucher, then so be it, but it shouldn't discount all of the previous advice and support given over the months/years you (general you) have been around here.
  • Yeah but there are people who leave just because life doesn't let them on here anymore and I understand that. Like mixtape, I love the girl but she is so freaking busy and can't come play anymore. :(
  • I didn't realize that Ciara had GBCK'd.  She sure snuck that in there at the end of the thread. 

Oh well.  I hope that everything works out for her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_orange-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b6b01c11-45c9-4a47-87d1-918d02e0ff4ePost:91d91ba1-7a8d-4040-ab9e-34dc0990c8fe">Re: NO MORE ORANGE BAR FOR ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NO MORE ORANGE BAR FOR ME! : ITA I can only listen to (read) someone's problems and offer supportive words for so long. There's a point where enough is enough and something has to be said. I have my own problems in life that I'm trying to sort through. I cannot continuously be bogged down by others' problems without finally having to say something. If that makes me a doucher, then so be it, but it shouldn't discount all of the previous advice and support given over the months/years you (general you) have been around here.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I've had people IRL give me harsh realities before and afterward I've always appreciated it. I don't know why internet friends should be any different.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_orange-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b6b01c11-45c9-4a47-87d1-918d02e0ff4ePost:91d91ba1-7a8d-4040-ab9e-34dc0990c8fe">Re: NO MORE ORANGE BAR FOR ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NO MORE ORANGE BAR FOR ME! : ITA I can only listen to (read) someone's problems and offer supportive words for so long. There's a point where enough is enough and something has to be said. I have my own problems in life that I'm trying to sort through. I cannot continuously be bogged down by others' problems without finally having to say something. If that makes me a doucher, then so be it, but it shouldn't discount all of the previous advice and support given over the months/years you (general you) have been around here.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel too, MK.  There's only so much you can do or say before you gotta resort to tough love or just let it go, you know?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Congrats Bay.  I think you will make a great mod.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Congrats! You will be an awesome mod!
  • I just don't get how people don't see that this kind of stuff comes from a place of concern, not bitchyness.
  • Hi Blue!

I mean I'm not in the best of places right now, but I feel I at least contribute in other ways to the community besides just being a debbie downer.

PS: If I ever become a Debbie Downer please tell me. You won't hurt my feelers.
  • I wouldn't consider you a Debbie Downer, MK. :) I don't think I bring much of my personal ish here, at least stuff that makes me super upset. Except when Tory was going through her surgery. That made me a sad puppy mama, lol.
  • Congrats Bay!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_orange-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b6b01c11-45c9-4a47-87d1-918d02e0ff4ePost:74cbb03d-d295-4ac7-8124-f29ce77d2696">Re: NO MORE ORANGE BAR FOR ME!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Forreals - I'd much rather have some tough love than a million pats on the head.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Ahem...I would like to know what happened to the pic of you in the "Virginia is for Lovers" t-shirt I sent. I was hoping for a new sig pic or something.
  • Thanks again :)

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• You better. Or it's friends off. :-P
  • I think everyone's allowed to have some down times MK. Especially in circumstances like your own. I know I was in a real funk for a month or two after my aunt died. It's just when it's for a prolonged period of time and the person doesn't do anything to help themselves and just makes excuses or places the blame on someone else that it starts to get on my nerves.
  • Congrats Bay!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    ETA: Congrats Bay!  You'll be awesome :)

MK - I hear ya.  I haven't seen you as being a Debbie Downer.  I worry sometimes that I am too one track about H being gone and the relocation and stuff, but I try to mix it up a little.
    I'm gonna bury this in here too.. I need some job luck sent my way.  I have a phone screen with HR for 1 company at 4:45 tonight and a phone interview with the hiring manager at another company tonight at 7.  At this point I'd take either job based on what I know of them, but I'd prefer the first one at 4:45.
  • Job vibes for Loops!

MK  I don't think you're being a Debbie Downer at all. I'm amazed at how level-headed you've been through everything.
  • Go Bay, congrats, we know you will be great.

Thanks Birdie for you time modding (is that a word?) us.
  • Thanks Erin and Eagles.
  • Go Loopy Go.  You will be in Colorado before you know it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards