New York-Hudson Valley

new to the knot

Im new to the knot.. I heard this is a great resorce for brides...But I have had a few vendors tell me that all it is is other vendors praising them sleves..
I am looking for Everything and don't know where to start. is this a good place to get advice????

thank you everyone

Re: new to the knot

• edited December 2011
    the vendors that tell you that it's just vendors praising themselves probably didn't get such good reviews on here haha
  • BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome! Vendors do try to come every now and then but we try to nip it in the bud. The girls here are genuine and very helpful, so ask away with anything. First, have you talked about budget and a guestlist? Those would be your first two steps to help you figure out what you can afford so we can give you any reccs you need.

Jaimie
  • edited December 2011

Welcome! I think it's a great help to be on here and ask for recommendations on vendors.

Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! I've found this to be a great resouce of information and advice! The ladies on here are always here to talk to about anything just about!

I've even found the makeup artist I'm using from feedback someone shared.
  • Meliss5178Meliss5178 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was so lost when I started planning my wedding, I was one of the first of my friends to get married so this site was a lifesaver when it came to helping find the best vendors! After you have been here on awhile, you can tell if a vendor tries to slip in, but overall I think most don't try.

I agree with pp, start with making a guest list and budget, that will help narrow down which venues are right for you.  Once you get to that point, the girls on here can help you with venue suggestions.

• edited December 2011
    welcome! this site is great for ideas, inputs and reviews! you came to the right place ;)
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratssssssss

• edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrautions! This board is great for feedback, recommendations and insight!

If you have any questions about a particular vendor or venue - everybody here is really knowledgeable - very good to ask questions before you book!

Do you have the budget , guest list, or area in mind yet?
  • lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards