Washington-Seattle

1st WR Purchase

I bought a ton of ornaments and peacock like birds on clearance at Target today 50% off. I was thinking of stringing the balls to decorate the tent and incorporating them into centerpieces.  Im sure im getting ahead of myself as i have just begun the planning proccess and who knows how this will all evolve as it gets closer. But I couldn't resist the deal. I figure I have 90 days to be sure I need them.

Now I know what to do with the spare room in our house. It will be my new wedding planning room. woohoo! 

Re: 1st WR Purchase

• melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first of many!

I actually did that right after I got engaged too...some of the stuff got repurposed for other uses than I originaly intended, but most of it IS getting used, which is always good.
  • edited December 2011
    yeah, i figure at the very least i will have a VERY decorated christmas tree next year and can make a cool mobile out of the peacocks
  • edited December 2011
    Nice!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, the first couple months I bought a cake topper, two pairs of flip flops to get married in, a dress (eek!), and some random jewelry.  I think I'll bag the jewelry, but the rest will get used.  The dress I still love.  I haven't bought anything since then, though.  :)

Like I said, just make sure you take some time to enjoy your engagement.  I totally overwhelmed FI with wedding stuff the first couple months, and I really wish I hadn't.  It'd have made things so much easier now when I really need his input if I hadn't wasted so much time talking about the minutiae that I talked about with him then (which is like sooooo not important yet!).
  • edited December 2011
    carrie, Ive been talking about our wedding for the past 10 years. now that we are engaged, he is actually putting up with it. I guess that means hes ready :) Though i will keep in mind not to go on overload.  Trying to take it one step at a time.  I mostly use my FI to agree with me since most of it is brainstorming ideas. Once we get some big decisions being made, i will definately need to include him more. 

oh and your furbaby is adorable.  Is he/she a shih tzu or Lhasa?
    This is my Wally, hes a Shorkiepoo (1/2 shih tzu 1/4yorkie 1/4poodle). This is his first birthday which was last month
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds great! I'm trying to think of the first thing I bought... I think it may have been a Bride hat. Thought it was cute, haven't worn it since, ha! Not really a hat person...
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kahala - Brainstorming is fun.  So many options at this point!

My little guy is a mix of mostly Lhasa and some Shih Tzu.  I love the pic of yours!  He's adorable.  They get away with more being so cute, don't you think?  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Just don't buy things right away that you can't return! The night that we set our date I ordered 300 sunflowers, no cancellations or changes under any circumstances. Really wishing I didn't do that!!!

Haha dogs definitely get away with more being cute! My lil puppers is quite the rascal, but I certainly can't get mad at her for more than 2 minutes :]
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

the first of many is right! congrats!

i agree with pp that you shouldn't purchase much that you can't return because believe me, your ideas will change!

i did that with vases, they were in expensive, but now i wish i had some taller ones and refuse to spend the money. other than that, i haven't really purchased anything that i haven't used. so that is exciting!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards