Not Engaged Yet

Who would YOU choose?

For the sake of this poll, we're going to assume we all have a hero complex and are hopeless romantics. I know this post might be weird but it's always interesting to see the answers and explanations. I've come up with this question on other forums I've been part of in the past.

Anyway... the situation? The love of your life, the man (or woman) you've always dreamed about and could NOT live without, is being threatened by death. On the other hand, the person who can save the world from total destruction and ultimately kill you and your most beloved along with the rest of the world... is in the same "boat" as the love of your life. They are on opposite ends of the world and you can only save one of these people.

Who would you choose? That very special person but die with them anyway; EDITED: even though you can always move on at some point in time? Or the person who can save YOU along everyone else in the world... but your special loved one perishes? Why did you choose what you chose?

It's your choice...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Who would YOU choose?

• edited December 2011
    I'm so not good at these things! I would try to save both or send a friend to save the super hero... And why can't the super hero save them self? Sorry... Like I said I suck at these things! lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The superhero is just an ordinary person who needs to be saved first in order to save everyone else.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • chaysefaithchaysefaith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd save my love.  I couldn't bear knowing that before he died he knew I turned my back on him, even if it was for the greater good of the world.  And, if I don't save him, he's going to die anyway, I'd rather die with him than live without him.
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

The super hero.  I would make sure I could call my love first and tell them how much I loved them and how sorry I was that I had to make this choice.  But honestly what is the point of saving your love if you are both going to die anyways?  I think that is the point of being a hero, making sacrifices that you don't want to make.  In this case one of the most difficult sacrifices ever for me would need to be made so that the world could live.  My love would die so that the innocent, women, children, and men, wouldn't have to pay the price for my selfishness. 
    However, this is in theory.  I would like to think that I could save the world but I am not sure I can.

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• lilphillips14lilphillips14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This makes me think of The Dark Knight. Now I want to watch it. Anyway...

Agh, that's hard. I have to say, I'd save the hero. Sorry Nick, but I think BF would want me to help save the rest of the world first. Plus, I'm kind of a coward and wouldn't want to die. That's super hard.

ETA: I asked BF this question, about which one he'd want me to pick, and he said "save the world, obviously."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_would-choose-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a9910f56-2f7c-44aa-8a28-a1b2756e4936Post:63447d91-7d21-415b-8091-12ee962c4154">Re: Who would YOU choose?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd save my love.  I couldn't bear knowing that before he died he knew I turned my back on him, even if it was for the greater good of the world.  And, if I don't save him, he's going to die anyway, I'd rather die with him than live without him.
    Posted by SNLT1012[/QUOTE]

This. I'm a romantic.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards