Louisiana-New Orleans

Photographer - HELP!

Question for you ladies.  I got married 2 months ago...  what is the average time frame for a photographer to get your wedding photos to you? On a disc, via email, whatever - just as long as you get something.    I was told by this photographer before my wedding that she would have the photos to me in 2-4 weeks tops.  Well, now it's been 2 months.   She told me 3 weeks ago that she would have them on a disc for me to pick up by the end of that week, but then I don't hear from her again after that communication.   She is not responding to my messages now.   I am really starting to freak out...I paid this person $3k and cannot believe how unprofessional she is.    I also had problems dealing with her concerning my bridal portraits, but that's a nightmare story for another day...

Re: Photographer - HELP!

• RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wedding photographs can legitimately take 2 months to be edited and processed, especially during a busy time when a photographer is shooting back to back weekend weddings.  I would be concerned though, but the lack of communication.  Are you emailing or calling?  I would leave or send a message just asking directly if there is anything wrong with your photos and by what date you can expect to have them.  Waiting is a drag, but I would just want to confirm she didn't have a technical disaster with the photos, and that time is the only problem she's having.  If you're sounding angry (even justifiably so) she may just be avoiding communicating because she needs more time and is embarrassed/intimidated to say so to an angry client.

Sorry you're dealing with this.  Wedding photos are so important-- nobody want so to still be waiting for them 2 months later!

PS and of course, we're all hoping "she" isn't our photographer, and that we don't have bridal portrait nightmares of our own, so feel free to share who she is :-)

• edited December 2011
    That stinks!!! How frustrating!!

My sister is a wedding photographer in Boston and she says that it's not unheard of to wait that long. Sometimes, it actually means that your photographer is really good and taking her time and editing EVERY picture. Also, keep in mind that it's summer and she probably has a lot of things booked, and she doesn't want to do a "hack job".

Please share who she is, I'm curious!!! :-)
    image Cheering on Xan921 & akcrrr (congrats!) DX with PCOS - 11/2012 **2000mg Metformin ** DH S/A = "ideal" ** HSG - All Clear In There! **Clomid Cycle next CD3**
  • louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is typical wait time for photographers, but she should have been honest about when she could get them back to you.  If she's really backed up, it's not appropriate for her to keep telling you that they'll be done next week.  I would try to contact her and ask her when she can reasonably expect to get them back to you.  I want to know too!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Sam Gregory Photography and we ended up waiting for about 2.5-3 months but it was completely worth the wait. The pictures are incredible.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Brenda Sison and got my photos on a disc in a week.

I would try contacting her every day if you can via email and a phone call.  I know there are a few photographers that have a reputation for not responding once the pictures have been taken, like my previous photographer, which I had canceled with.  Good luck!  
  • edited December 2011
    I read one of your other posts identifying who she is and I have seen other posts from brides in the last several months complaining of similar problems with her. I'm sorry you are dealing with this, but I would search for those pp's and be proactive in documenting your efforts. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know a bride whose photographer waited til like 2 months later to tell the bride that she lost all the discs with the pictures from her wedding. Literally, she had NOTHING. Not to panic you, but your photog may be avoiding telling you some kind of bad news like this particular NOLA photog did with this bride I know. The photog ended up saying that people who took pics at the wedding can forward pics to the photog and she would compile/edit those, and she gave the money back... but those are pictures that can never, ever be replaced.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Just read who your photographer was.  I wish to god you had seen my posts on her.  She was my original photographer.  I lost 600 bucks to her because she was careless and not even a true photographer.  You need to be on her butt contantly if you want to get your stuff back.  I would have strongly advised that you hadn't gone with her.  Email her and call her as often as possible because she is tricky to get in touch with.  If you can't get in touch, try contacting her ex-husband..who I assume you should know who that is.  I am so sorry that your having problems with her.  I wish you luck and hope that she contacts you asap.
  • edited December 2011
    I know who you are talking about and I had the same problems with my engagement pictures she kept telling me they would be done at a certain time and they were never done! I thankfully read other posts about her and found another photographer to do my wedding because I was not going to deal with that for my wedding photos. Sorry and I hope you get them soon but I read post that people have waited a year to receive their wedding photos from her.
  • edited December 2011
    I and many other of her past clients are in your same situation.  I luckily did recieve a CD with SOME of my wedding pictures within the first month after my wedding.  But again, she only gave me the ones she wanted to.  She didnt turn everything over to me.  I'ts been 11 months since my wedding and she still hasnt gotten everything to me or done everything she said she would!!
  • brod0725brod0725 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

ITS BEEN 16 MONTHS AND AMANDA MARKS STILL HASN'T GIVEN ME ALL OF MY STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards