Snarky Brides

We can do so many activities!

I'm curious, what are some of your favorite things to do in the summer? Things to see, places to go, etc. I told H I want to do a 'summer bucket list' this year and so far all I really have is:
Go to Crater Lake
Hike some trails (need to be more specific)
Water park
See a rodeo

What would you put on your summer bucket list?

Re: We can do so many activities!

• Oh, float trip reminds me that I want to go backpacking!

And for some reason, I hate wine. I guess I don't have a very sophisticated palate.
  • In August we are going to BC to visit some friends, then going to Montana to fish.
    We are buying a fishing boat so tons of fishing.
    The local rodeo
    Amusement park
    The zoo in the next city
    Probably getting a horse
    Sheep hunting
    Salmon fishing in June in Queen Charlotte islands
    LOTS of BBQs and get togethers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_we-can-do-so-many-activities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0b60e79d-07b2-435b-9e03-4cb90fe161ebPost:0cbae1d4-9ac8-41ed-96f5-7048f1d05c2f">Re: We can do so many activities!</a>:
    [QUOTE]* a weekend getaway each month * golf as many different courses as possible * <strong>Cedar Point</strong>  * birthday trip to Seattle/Portland (hello, Oregon wineries!) We're boring.  Sigh.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]
    Woot Woot!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Rachers I said it in the blog thread but your sig pic is stunning!

Summer things:

Ride the motorcycle
    Wine tastings
    Plant my flowers and pretty up my deck.
    Walk the puppy and start our adventures with him.
    Hike some trails.
    Enjoy my yard!

Get to SC!

I think we're buying these chairs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_we-can-do-so-many-activities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0b60e79d-07b2-435b-9e03-4cb90fe161ebPost:0c6f2060-a1d5-4a3b-96a0-186a72fc9d9d">Re: We can do so many activities!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sere, I hated wine until I was 25 or so.  H and his family are huge wine drinkers and got me interested in wine. 
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

So you're saying it could happen? I just feel like it would be much more classy to love wine than to be a liquor drinker like I am ;)

jcb-Portland?? Fun!!
  • This summer we are

-seeing baseball games
    -seeing COLDPLAY
    -taking long night walks
    -playing tennis
    -going to the lake
    -camping
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_we-can-do-so-many-activities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0b60e79d-07b2-435b-9e03-4cb90fe161ebPost:0cbae1d4-9ac8-41ed-96f5-7048f1d05c2f">Re: We can do so many activities!</a>:
    [QUOTE]* a weekend getaway each month * golf as many different courses as possible * <strong>Cedar Point</strong>  * birthday trip to Seattle/Portland (hello, Oregon wineries!) We're boring.  Sigh.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

THIS TOO!
  • This summer we will probably:

Do some camping
    Go to an amusement park
    Go hiking
    BBQ's
    GET MARRIED.

I love this summer already

imageVacation
  • Oh I forgot to add:

Glue my butt to the TV when the OLYMPICS are on!

And kd those chairs are gorgeous.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_we-can-do-so-many-activities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0b60e79d-07b2-435b-9e03-4cb90fe161ebPost:6bba35e3-727f-463a-940d-ec74356d1de3">Re: We can do so many activities!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks kd! Those chairs look awesome. One day we'll upgrade ours. Right now I'm shopping for pretty new cushions. <strong>Cushions are expensive!
    </strong>Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

I know I was just pricing some the other day. Its a frigging pillow for gods sake.
  • We are going to Seattle/Portland/Crater Lake too!! :)

My summer bucket list is boring though:
    *Drink margaritas on our patio
    *Host a golf outing for the boys/sangria sipping for the ladies
    *Go to a special restaurant for my birthday
    *Train for a half marathon
    *Foster a boxer
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Considering I have about 3 weekends free from now until October, I can't really plan too many things.

Definitely lots of BBQing and drinking on the patio (that I just set up last night)

Taking the dog to the park/beach/dog pool.
    Camping with the dog (we reserved a weekend in July to do this)
    I would love to take H to Cedar Point, but I'm not sure if we'll fit that in this summer
    Lots of gardening
    Lots of street festivals
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    outdoor concert festivals food festivals have a picnic water park drive in ETA: I'm sorry if that's all on one line. Tk mobile sucks.
  • If you guys want any p-town recs hit me up-I live across the river in Vancouver.

Have you considered making cushions kd? It might be a lot cheaper. Idk how difficult that would be though.
  • amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_we-can-do-so-many-activities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0b60e79d-07b2-435b-9e03-4cb90fe161ebPost:10a125e8-705c-4cb4-aaa8-afb51b0fe476">Re: We can do so many activities!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, what's this Cedar Point place?
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>It's the BEST amusement park in the world.  It is known for it's roller coasters.  </div>
  • We're usually busy with activities over the summer. Unfortunately it's also my busiest time of year at work.

Definite plans:
    Multiple camping trips to WV
    Weekend trips to the Eastern Shore and WV 
    4th of July in CT plus other trips hopefully
    Gay Day fundraiser at Kings Dominion in September
    Lots of Oriole's games
    Multiple ethnic festivals 

Things we want to do:
    Go tubing
    Horseback riding
    Go to Gettysburg again and ride the car tour route
    Multiple amusement park trips
    Possible trip to Seattle
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_we-can-do-so-many-activities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0b60e79d-07b2-435b-9e03-4cb90fe161ebPost:d98f2b91-f18b-41c8-b34c-40862e829560">Re: We can do so many activities!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you guys want any p-town recs hit me up-I live across the river in Vancouver. <strong>Have you considered making cushions kd?</strong> It might be a lot cheaper. Idk how difficult that would be though.
    Posted by SereJane[/QUOTE]

Sere I almost cant stop laughing long enough to type this! Make cushions, you so funny ;)

I have no sewing skills to speak of and if I had a machine I'd probably sew myself to something.

I'll stick to making wreaths, and other no-sew crafts.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Grrrrr tk mobile isn't letting me seen anyones responses :/
  • When I was a kid growing up in the Pacific Northwest, we would always go inner-tubing on the river in August. That's also when our county fair was, and when the Puyallup Fair is held. I love me some fair food.

I also love:

-watermelon
    -BBQ
    -clambakes
    -going to the beach/bay
    -creamsicles from the ice cream man
    -running through the sprinkler
    -sidewalk chalk
    -4th of July (watching The Sandlot, baking apple pie, having a cookout/block party, sparklers, firecrackers)
    -CAMPING
    -s'mores
    -bonfires
    -the smell of sunscreen
    -neon pedicures
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • * Host many BBQs with friends and family
    * Spend lots of time at the local beach and take trip or two to the ocean
    * Go hiking (we haven't decided where yet)
    * Read lots of books
    * Get a puppy!
    * GET MARRIED :)
    * Go camping
    * Go Kayaking
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_we-can-do-so-many-activities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0b60e79d-07b2-435b-9e03-4cb90fe161ebPost:78c6a014-8aff-4ed6-9eff-adbe85090d1e">Re: We can do so many activities!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We can do so many activities! : I figured as much! Well then add that to my bucket list. We have a small amusement park here but it sucks.

I was just going to ask you if you've been.  FI and I looked into maybe going this summer but maybe not now.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_we-can-do-so-many-activities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0b60e79d-07b2-435b-9e03-4cb90fe161ebPost:e3e330a8-9fb0-4531-9dbc-dcb9b6c8eba2">Re: We can do so many activities!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: We can do so many activities! : Sere I almost cant stop laughing long enough to type this! Make cushions, you so funny ;) I have no sewing skills to speak of and if I had a machine I'd probably sew myself to something. I'll stick to making wreaths, and other no-sew crafts.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Maybe it wouldn't be cheaper if it cost you a trip to the ER ;)
  • We have 2 amusement parks in Ohio Cedar Point:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/

And my personal fav because I've been going there since I was a little girl
    Kings Island:

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/
  • f vcking Olympics. I can't wait. I'm so weirdly pumped for them.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We'd love to go to Cedar Point. FH and his bff have actually talked about going there for his bachelor's weekend. I'm much happier with that than the original plan of Vegas. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_we-can-do-so-many-activities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0b60e79d-07b2-435b-9e03-4cb90fe161ebPost:1a5dbe14-45c2-414e-9fc6-9b2ba8894427">Re: We can do so many activities!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brandi - Are you talking about Magic Springs? I actually haven't been in a LONG time, so who knows, it may have gotten better. They do usually have pretty decent concerts in the summertime. Plus I think it's pretty cheap so you wouldn't be out much if it did still suck. ETA: Just checked their website. It looks like they have a couple newer rides. Might be worth it?

Yep- that is what I meant.  I guess we might as well.  I mean, you can't have a bad time when you're rididing rides... right?
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_we-can-do-so-many-activities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0b60e79d-07b2-435b-9e03-4cb90fe161ebPost:42903198-2535-42d5-a4a6-40d4e85a5b8a">Re: We can do so many activities!</a>:
    [QUOTE]f vcking Olympics. I can't wait. I'm so weirdly pumped for them.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

I love the olympics. I am a huge olympics nerd. When I was younger I would collect newspaper clippings about the olympics and save them. They always motivate me to try more sports.
  • I would love to have a sleeping porch for the summertimes, like in "Man In The Moon". My dream house will have a sleeping porch and a reading nook.

25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • A trip to Disneyland. I think I remember you saying you and your H haven't been there.
  • DH and I are also going to Crater Lake this summer, and to Lake Shasta in NoCal.  I'm super excited!  I can't wait to get out and do some hiking and camping this summer, as well as do my first Warrior dash.

DH and I are also going to try our hand at making wine this summer.  We got all the stuff to do it last summer, but then we got engaged and most of my efforts went towards the wedding, so we decided to wait until now. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards