Pennsylvania-Central

Need venue ideas...

I'm planning a wedding for May or June 2011.  (I'm a little flexible with dates, because I haven't found a place yet, and I know many are booked by now.)

I'd like to do the ceremony outside and the reception inside.  They don't have to be at the same place, but that would be a bonus.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a venue like this in the Gettysburg/Hanover/York area?  I've been looking at (and love!) the Stone Mill Inn, but I have a pretty tight budget and they're above what I was hoping to spend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

Re: Need venue ideas...

• edited December 2011
    I am a June 2011 bride, and I've had my place booked since January.  I know that there are not many places still open in June, but here are some good places in York to look:
    - Royal Manchester Golf Links
    - Heritage Hills
    - Valencia Ballroom
    - Yorktowne Hotel (if you're comfortable with their Sherriff's sale)
    - Outdoor Country Club
    - Stone Mill Inn

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Oo!  Check out the Lodge at Blue Ridge Summit!  We LOVED it! Had an outside ceremony and inside reception. They're located on the other side of Fairfield I believe it is.. which is close to Gettysburg.  Good Luck!!
  • Kaytee241Kaytee241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, unfortunately May and June are probably the most popular wedding months, so it will be next to impossible to find a site open on  a Saturday in 2011. Have you thought about having a Friday or Sunday wedding? It might bes easier to find a site, and most have pretty significant discounts for non-Saturday weddings, which would help with the buget issue. Most other vendors offer discounts on Fridays and Sundays, too. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at Blue Hound Farm in Lewisberry. Jim and Kristi are super nice and very willing to work with you. The reception can be either outside or inside the barn. Outside would be out on their lawn overlooking their large pond. I was looking for something budget friendly and have a very relaxed and casual feel and Blue Hound was perfect. I actually knew Kristi from back when I was in 4H and we did alot of things out at their farm so I had already had them in mind when I wanted a farm wedding. I'm not sure how her May and June 2011 dates are but I booked my May 1st wedding a few months ago and she only had one other May wedding at the time. Her place isn't as widely known so it may be easier to book.
  • higgydt4higgydt4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I originally was booked for June 18, 2011 at Mulberry Art Studios. They are located in Lancaster if you are interested in that area.

I had to cancel with them because I am originally from Michigan and we are having to move the wedding there. So I know they have availability for a June date still! :)
  • Star17Star17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what your budget is but try Lauxmont Farms.  They have 4 locations for weddings and right now are offering $1000 off is your wedding is on a Saturday.  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards