California-Los Angeles

What to think of at this point in planning?

Hello ladies!!
I don't post on here as often as I'd like to, but I'm hoping to get some words of wisdom. It's almost exactly 1 year until my wedding. I feel that I'm pretty ahead of the game and I want it to stay that way! So, I wanted to know some opinions of where you think I should go from here.
We currently have: our venue, my dress, photographer, dj, florist, food and cake are coming from venue, we have someone working on invitations, we know what we're giving as favors...and I think that's it at this point.

I want to keep myself busy though, and I'm curious where I can go from here. Or, is it just too far out to go much further and I should try to just wait it out a bit until I'm closer to the actual wedding date?

Any thoughts or opinions would be great. Thanks ladies!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: What to think of at this point in planning?

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you're in great shape.  I would wait until you're about 6 months out at the most to book a hair and makeup person (if you're having them).  Alterations shouldn't be scheduled until you have your dress and probably about 1-2 months before your wedding with the last one week before your date.  You can start to look for your accessories.  If you haven't already asked your WP, start thinking about that.  

It sounds like you've got everything covered that you need to at this point.  I say relax for a few months.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I already have my hair/makeup girl. I was planning on waiting on alterations. Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll try to relax for a bit. :D
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well...you could start breaking your shoes in now. =)~
    Just kidding!! Enjoy yourself!!
  • edited December 2011
    Romy, that's a great idea!! Haha, I know what color shoes I want, but I've yet to really look for styles. But I will want them good and broken in! ;)
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

LOL!!!! You are so far ahead of everything!!
    I know that I enjoyed "window shopping" (online) for my bm gifts. I bought them about 2 months or so before our wedding. Since you have a year, you have plenty of time to look around for sales depending on what you want to get.

• edited December 2011
    You could start thinking about details like decor, specific music, vows, etc.
    What about rehaearsal dinner?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure I know what I'd like to do for BM gifts. I've found a couple of little decorative elements that I can work on.

My mom and I are just starting to discuss the rehearsal dinner. FI's family is from Texas so we are planning on doing it. Very casual and probably in my parent's backyard.

Alexis-that's a great idea. I can start looking up songs I'll want to use and vow ideas.

Thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    Here's some tips for your ceremony music.... enjoy!

Celebrity Wedding Music Playlist: Our Ceremony Music Secrets! - http://t.co/VYSns8p #iTunes
  • DaisyJaimeDaisyJaime member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on being so far ahead of everything.Wink
     I'm just getting past the engaged thrilled part and  now looking for venues and I'm already going coo-coo because it harder than i thought.  Hope to be near at least half of what you've done so far by the end of this month.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards