Connecticut

Check: Honeymoon booked!!

It's official! We'll be leaving for our Caribbean cruise a week after our wedding and stopping in the Bahamas, St. Martin/Maarten, and St. Thomas!  Yay!!

Where will you ladies be honeymooning?
imageAnniversary

Re: Check: Honeymoon booked!!

• estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Awesome!!  My good friend got married in October and they waited a week after the wedding to go on their honeymoon too.  It was really nice for them because they were able to take care of the post wedding stuff and bank accounts/wedding gift money before leaving for the honeymoon. 

We booked ours the morning after the wedding (to get the best airline price)and we will have to delegate some things to friends/family like taking my dress home and the bolero/wrap back to the dress shop since it is being rented for the day! 
    We are going to Sandals St.Lucia!! :-)

Great Check!!

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! Did you book w/Royal Caribbean? Your itinerary sounds similar to our Sept Allure of the Sea cruise. 
  • edited December 2011
    Great check!  FI and I stopped at St. Thomas on a cruise we took last year and loved it so much, we are thinking of taking our honeymoon there! 
    imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_check-honeymoon-booked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:a558f46a-a0d2-4d6e-9825-7851e3665b4ePost:8c0fc17b-0480-413d-9208-e8df1cda0477">Re: Check: Honeymoon booked!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!<strong> Did you book w/Royal Caribbean? Your itinerary sounds similar to our Sept Allure of the Sea cruise. 
    </strong>Posted by christikao[/QUOTE]

Yes, we did! We'll be going on Oasis of the Seas which is Allure's sister ship!  How did you like your cruise?
    imageAnniversary
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_check-honeymoon-booked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:a558f46a-a0d2-4d6e-9825-7851e3665b4ePost:191b9b92-c61f-4a1f-8556-253f69da6840">Re: Check: Honeymoon booked!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great check! <strong> FI and I stopped at St. Thomas on a cruise we took last year and loved it so much, we are thinking of taking our honeymoon there! 
    </strong>Posted by markandlaura112[/QUOTE]

Good to hear!  I've heard nothing but great things about St. Thomas! I can't wait!
    imageAnniversary
  • herb0622herb0622 member
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Disney for the week. We're staying at the Beach Club. We were orignally going to go on the Western Caribbean cruise, but since it's hurricane season we decided to push that until the spring.

You're going to love St Thomas. Definitely one of the nicer islands in the caribbean. Have fun!
    Anniversary
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very nice check!  We're going on a cruise this weekend to the Bahamas (I got a great last minute rate, one of the perks of living in a cruise port city).

We've talked about going to Thailand and Vietnam for a few weeks.  We're both big travelers - each of us backpacked through Europe on our own when we were each in college, I travel to Latin America for work, and together we've been to Costa Rica, Mexico, Germany, Austria, France, and Costa Rica.  So we've got to up our game for our honeymoon!

Anniversary

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on such an amazing check! We love cruising! We're pumped for our Exotic Western Caribbean cruise with friends in August.
    We honeymooned in Fiji last summer. We flew out to Vegas for a few nights after the wedding, then rented a car and drove to LA to fly out to Fiji for a week. Such an amazing experience!

ETA: I highly recommend taking the ferry over to St. John while in St. Thomas. St. John is GORGEOUS and has beautiful beaches and snorkeling. St. Thomas is more touristy and has a lot of great shopping, while St. John is more quiet, private, and beautiful. HTH!

We did an excursion through Royal Caribbean when we stopped in St. Thomas called the 1/2 Day Champagne Catamaran Sail and Snorkel to St. John. Hands down our favorite excursion on all the cruises we've been on. The staff on the catamaran were awesome, the snorkeling in St. John was amazing, and on the trip back they serve food and lots of champagne and rum punch and it becomes kind of like a dance party. So much fun!
  • Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    edited December 2011
    We went on a cruise this past summer and stopped in St. Thomas.  I HIGHLY recommend doing an underwater snuba adventure thing as an excursion (B.O.S.S. underwater adventure I think).  There are only 8 places in the world you can do it (I believe the Bahamas is one of them too juding by my friend's pictures from a recent vacation).  I thought I would feel chlostrophobic because I have a difficult time snorkeling and can't get the breathing right, but I had absolutely no trouble with this because you have an air tank and pressurize the bubble where your head is.  It's such an amazing adventure to see all of the underwater life at about 8 feet under the surface.  Definitely something I would do again!
  • edited December 2011
    So exciting! Such a great check! 

We're honeymooning in P*nta Cana in the DR! Can't wait! 8 days, 7 nights at a 5 star all inclusive resort! Eeeeeeee! :o

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards