Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Dress Vent

So I went dress shopping today (first time out!) and found it really frusterating to figure out which dress is the 'one' or even one that could be a contender when none of them fit! I get that there's going to need to be some alterations, but when stores have each dress style in only one size its hard to envision how it will look when it actually is the right size - has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions on how to still find a dress?!  Thanks ladies.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress Vent

• kekr0202kekr0202 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  Hang in there...it was a bit difficult when I tried on certain dresses as you couldn't tell exactly how it would look but I think that's part of the consultant's job to either "clamp" or describe exactly how it'd fit.  I believe, for the most part, I was able to get a feel for each dress I tried and could tell overall whether I liked it or not.  If you feel the person that helped you wasn't that helpful-try another store. 

Also don't get discouraged if you don't find "the one" right away.  I think I probably could have looked forever and never be 100% certain I found the right one.  That's just my personality.  I mean I love my dress...BUT that doesn't mean I couldn't go out right now and find another I'd like.  That's why I think the store & consultant are very important...the overall experience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had that problem too, as I am a plus size gal.  I suggest starting somewhere like davids bridal to try on a ton of styles actually in your size.  That way you have a better Idea of what style looks best on your body and can then go from there.  Good Luck! 

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I completely understand, as I had the same problem picturing the dress fitting me when it was WAY too small! I shopped at both The Wedding Shoppe and The Wedding Chapel, and both had many sizes available. The Wedding Shoppe even has a separate house with sizes 14 and up! I would recommend checking out both places, and before you know it, you'll find "the one". :)
  • sltommysltommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This is why I bought my dress yesterday at Luxe Bridal in Minneapolis.  Their samples are much bigger.  I bought a size 22 sample that will be altered down to fit me for $800 :-)
  • bwanhalabwanhala member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely suggest the Wedding Shoppe on this one Smile 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • srdavis21srdavis21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't tell what size you are looking for (and don't want to offend!) but if you are looking for a dress size 14 and up, The Glass Slipper in Andover only carries those sizes.  I went there and you can try on anything - it's fabulous!  Plus the owner, Pat, is awesome to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards