African American Weddings

Wedding Night Lingerie

Are any of you buying or wearing any for your wedding night?

Re: Wedding Night Lingerie

• edited December 2011
    Long way off, but I plan to wear it. I went to a pole dancing party for one of my friend's bachelorette weekends a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd surprise my FI with lingerie and my version of a dance (I have no rhythm and I'm not the lingerie type at all because I'm annoyed that I could still fit a training bra at age 26). Anyhow, his response to the lingerie made me realize that it's definitely something he appreciates. His favorite color on me is red so after seeing me look all angelic all day in my white gown, I will probably wear something fiery for him.

Have you decided whether or not you will wear it? Have you started shopping for it?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES!!!  My DH loves to see me in long nightgowns he thinks there is something so sexy yet elegant about them, so Im a mix it up! I got this from Fredricks of hollywood! He will love it!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm on Frederick's website right now. I plan to wear something different every night until we head back home from the honeymoon.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wedding-night-lingerie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:fd62c862-2377-42ca-bbdf-df7abf937635Post:44e9da30-83be-47ad-9e72-b1ffdfe3a45c">Re: Wedding Night Lingerie</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm on Frederick's website right now. I plan to wear something different every night until we head back home from the honeymoon.
    Posted by sdstephens2010[/QUOTE]

You will not even be trying to come home after all of that! :)
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Go to retailmenot.com. They have discount codes for Frederick's. Just came up in a Google search. I'm not sure if all of them work, but I know a few people who have caught deals for other retailers from this site before.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    I know that I am and y'all just inspired me to get on Fredricks and see what they got! Another knottie mentioned another site that had some really nice stuff for the low low and I cannot remember the site. I thought I wrote it down, DAMN!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FI loves a t-shirt and panties more than lingerie...so maybe I'll find something in that ballpark and spice it up. My shower is in a couple of weeks, so I'll wait before buying anything.
  • edited December 2011

I plan on wearing something different every night of the honeymoon. We are getting married on Sat and not leaving until tues so I will have something special for the wedding night too. I had recently purchased some really nice from Fredricks for his boudiour session, so I will wear that and give him his gift on the wedding night...
  • edited December 2011
    TINAMM- I have that gown! Its very sexy.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having boudior session the day before my wedding.  FI wants to pick out the what I wear for the boudior session :-)  But, I plan on surprising him with new lingerie for every night of our honeymoon.  I totally forgot about Fredricks, thanks @TINAMM.

Mrs. Natasha B. Williams May 28, 2010
    The Journey Began.....

N & B Engagement Photos
    imageFrom Vegas 2010
    imageFrom Las Vegas Wedding 2010 imageFrom Las Vegas Wedding 2010
  • edited December 2011

I still have a long time to go as well, but I love rocking cute lil nighties esp. from Victoria Secret, but I will also try some more exotic outfits from Fredericks

• edited December 2011
    @nbaker1 I'm glad you had that chocolatebrides badge on your profile.. love the site I added it
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TINAMM, that is hooooooooooot to death!  I love Fredrick's of Hollywood.  Here's the site you were talking about Mrclintonsfirstlady:  http://www.lingeriediva.com/.
    I saved it to my favorites.  I plan on ordering something from there.
  • edited December 2011

My MOH gave me a lingerie/bridal party last weekend, so I got enough lingerie to last me a month! I will be wearing lingerie the night before and every night of our honeymoon. And a couple weeks after that lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes!  I am def wearing lingerie for the honeymoon....not for long...but I will wear it!  LOL
    @TamTam, thx for posting the site for Mrclintonsfirst!
    Make sure you check out the weekly specials on lingeriediva.com! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards