New York-Hudson Valley
Options

I've been dreaming of this since I was a little girl...

Re: I've been dreaming of this since I was a little girl...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    princess diana's veil and dress. i want everything she had including the white hornes
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted a church ceremony. I just always had that vision of walking down the aisle at the church I went to growing up, even though now I totally love the beach ceremony too. And well, I am having it at my childhood church!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_ive-dreaming-of-this-little-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:119d5630-856b-4983-8c71-405262217addPost:4a2170c8-cd38-416c-bba6-6c6bc6e55dca">Re: I've been dreaming of this since I was a little girl...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanted a church ceremony. I just always had that vision of walking down the aisle at the church I went to growing up, even though now I totally love the beach ceremony too. And well, I am having it at my childhood church!
    Posted by manda26[/QUOTE]

manda- i think i have to agree with this one too.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are so alike Chris!

336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So this may be a little weird, but in Poland couples marry in city hall in the morning of their wedding and in church in the afternoon.  At least that was the norm till I left in 2002.

Ever since I was a little girl, I remember seeing pictures of couples signing their certificates of marriage after their ceremony.  Every household I knew had three pictures printed and hanging on the walls - the bride signing the document, the groom signing it and the couple together in front of the altar.  This is something I really want to have in my wedding.  Our priest told us that in the US you sign the papers during the rehearsal dinner, but I really want to persuade him to let us do it immediately after the ceremony...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Growing up, Cinderella was my favorite movie & I always said I wanted to look like her on my wedding day... I haven't found my dress yet, but I know that I do want a big, poofy Cinderella dress.  I am having my reception at Anthony's Pier 9 & they have a Cinderella carriage in the front, so I can't wait to take pics in it!!
    Maggie & Lucas
    July 15, 2011
    Visit HudsonValley.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm one of the odd ones out, in that I didn't envisioin my wedding at all as a little girl. It probably wasn't until my late teens I started thinking about it. I knew I wanted to get married somewhere "cool". So I guess in that respect I did live up to my childhood dream. Bronx Zoo here we come!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards