February 2013 Weddings

New to the Board

Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to the board and still figuring things out :) Seems like a great group of girls and a phenomenal way to share information!! Just wanted to say hi. My FI and I just got engaged in Feb of this year on our 8 year anniversary and are trying to pull everything together in just under a year. We just booked our venue for our Feb 2, 2013 wedding and we couldn't be happier! Since we picked our date we've had a lot of people put their two cents in about doing a winter wedding. February has always been a special month for us and just seemed to fit us. But it made me curious, what made you all choose a February wedding? And have any of you received negative or concerned feedback in your choice of month?
Wedding Countdown Ticker image
Centerpieces! Feb13 Siggy Challenge

Re: New to the Board

• Yay we are date twins! I am getting married February 2 in New Orleans. We originally chose March but we are having a Catholic ceremony and can't have it during Lent. So it was moved up a month. My family is so excited because Mardi Gras is the next weekend and family coming in for the wedding has decided to just stay for vacaton. Welcome to the board the girls on here are great!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome to the board!!!

We originally started with saying we wanted to get married on March 2nd, but the venue we loved and wanted to book didn't have it available. We didn't want to be too early in February, so we chose February 16th. Works out well we found out because the 18th is President's Day, so some people have it off. We didn't get backlash from anyone. I wasn't amazingly thrilled about our date at first because it is my fiance's grandparent's and his mom and stepdad's anniversaries. We didn't know that at the time. I wanted my date to be just mine, but I'm getting used to it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome and Congratulations!!!!  That's sweet he proposed on your anniversary!  I have learned since I got engaged in June last year that everyone has something to say about YOUR wedding day and all I do is smile and respectfully let them know what OUR plans are lol!  We actually got a little sass because we decided to have a destination wedding, but I think they are finally realizing that it's what WE want and are getting accustomed to the idea.  the most important ppl on both sides were supportive from the beginning and as long as they were in, we were good and didn't care what "feedback" anyone else had lol!  We are SO EXCITED to be getting married in Jamaica on February 23, 2013!  We originally said March 23rd but ended up moving the date to better fit our work schedules (well, FI's schedule...as a teacher he will be off for winter recess...me being an accountant, I am lucky my boss let me off during tax season! lol)  I also wanted a funky sort of date and I love that its 2/23/13 lol!

I hope you stick around and share your planning with us!

on another note: goodness, this response turned into a book! lol!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • p.s.  LOVE your venue :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hello and welcome!! I'm new here myself as well :) Trust me, I feel you about the non-stop opinions concerning a winter wedding!!! Just brush it off, they're just jealous they didn't think outside the box for their big day ;) We chose February 16 not for any significant reason, but because we're truly in love with the idea of a winter wedding. We live in TX but we're both from the east coast and really miss the weather! We're all about having a wedding thats super warm and cozy. Fingers crossed for snow! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_new-to-the-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:34aece02-d43e-421e-93c8-d3c427848bdaPost:b5602b83-4e66-4905-8d8c-46980fb2dac2">Re: New to the Board</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello and welcome!! I'm new here myself as well :) Trust me, I feel you about the non-stop opinions concerning a winter wedding!!! Just brush it off, they're just jealous they didn't think outside the box for their big day ;) We chose February 16 not for any significant reason, but because we're truly in love with the idea of a winter wedding. We live in TX but we're both from the east coast and really miss the weather! We're all about having a wedding thats super warm and cozy. Fingers crossed for snow! :)
    Posted by mckemowse[/QUOTE]

Your venue is gorgeous!!
  • Welcome to the board! We are getting married Feb 22, 2013. We picked Feburary because I wanted a winter wedding and this month fit for us. Jesse (FH) and I started dating Feb 4. We both looked at a calendar and picked some dates we liked and then chose out of the ones we both liked. The date wasn't super sentimental but now that it's our wedding day it is!

We get lots of two cents from everyone about everything! Nobody has really given us any grief over the month but we are getting married on a Friday so we get grief about that.

Only thing I'm concerned about is the crazy Texas weather in February... hoping it's a nice day since we are planning an outdoor wedding.
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • Welcome to the Feb13 board and please come back frequently. :) It's starting to get more interesting! And way to jump in on the siggy challeges - very pretty venues.

We choose Feb 9th  because it's our anniversary and I wanted to marry on a 9th and since it's off season it helps save us money. We've really only gotten grief that we are "doing it so soon" (whatever to that :) and how we're doing it (it's mainly DIY and cheap as possible). But it's what we can afford to do and it's ours so we don't care. Don't let others get to ya.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Welcome!

Basically, I knew I was getting engaged soon (we picked out the ring together) and I wanted a Dec wedding because of the nice weather in S. Fla. Since the ring was custom made we didn't officially get engaged until the end of Dec 2011 and I wanted the wedding to be at least 1 year out. So I started looking into Jan dates and then finally decided on the last weekend of Feb (2/23/13) to give more time to save money and get back another tax refund. It never really gets cold here and the humidty is not so bad in Feb.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_new-to-the-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:34aece02-d43e-421e-93c8-d3c427848bdaPost:63e7d870-01c1-4245-b8a6-6bd4ae8b3b2c">Re: New to the Board</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! Basically, I knew I was getting engaged soon (we picked out the ring together) and I wanted a Dec wedding because of the nice weather in S. Fla. Since the ring was custom made we didn't officially get engaged until the end of Dec 2011 and I wanted the wedding to be at least 1 year out. So I started looking into Jan dates and then finally decided on the last weekend of Feb (2/23/13) to give more time to save money and get back another tax refund.<strong> It never really gets cold here and the humidty is not so bad in Feb.
    </strong>Posted by AMYM312[/QUOTE]
    Oh, I wish that were true here in MI. But then again, this "winter" has been a joke and we've gone straight into summer I swear. />.<

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_new-to-the-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:34aece02-d43e-421e-93c8-d3c427848bdaPost:63e7d870-01c1-4245-b8a6-6bd4ae8b3b2c">Re: New to the Board</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! Basically, I knew I was getting engaged soon (we picked out the ring together) and I wanted a Dec wedding because of the nice weather in S. Fla. Since the ring was custom made we didn't officially get engaged until the end of Dec 2011 and I wanted the wedding to be at least 1 year out. So I started looking into Jan dates and then finally decided on the last weekend of Feb (2/23/13) to give more time to save money and get back another tax refund. <strong>It never really gets cold here and the humidty is not so bad in Feb.
    </strong>Posted by AMYM312[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. We pretty much have the same weather here in south Louisiana. I had to plan around the humidity but didnt really have to worry about snow or anything like that!
  • Thank you all for your warm welcomes and responses! It's great to hear all your reasons you chose your date and that I'm not the only one who has had their share of unsolicited advice Smile. I can't wait to share more of our planning process as it comes together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    Centerpieces! Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • There's always those people that love giving advice and my mom had the solution: God gave us two ears, for some things it's for info to go into one and out the other. :) But I can't wait to get back to planning, whenever that is! :/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Hello brides to be!
     My finace and I picked Feb 22nd as our wedding date mainly because our venue gave us a HUGE discount off just for having a "winter wedding". Everything will be indoors so I figured why not? My finace and I are the only ones paying for the wedding so it fit into our budget. We're getting married in NJ. It's crazy we've been having 60 degrees weather here lately. I just hope to God next year we have another warm winter like this year. lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_new-to-the-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:34aece02-d43e-421e-93c8-d3c427848bdaPost:468e795b-a08a-4e3b-9f26-4c93e9bb26ef">Re: New to the Board</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello brides to be!  My finace and I picked Feb 22nd as our wedding date mainly because our venue gave us a HUGE discount off just for having a "winter wedding". Everything will be indoors so I figured why not? My finace and I are the only ones paying for the wedding so it fit into our budget. We're getting married in NJ. It's crazy we've been having 60 degrees weather here lately. I just hope to God next year we have another warm winter like this year. lol
    Posted by blesstina[/QUOTE]

Hi and welcome to the Feb13 board! :) That's fi birthday so awesome. Lol. Congrats on everything. The weather has been crazy, hasn't it?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Awww...Thank you! Yes CRAZY!!! weather this winter. I hope next winter is the same lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards