Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

No assigned seating--Help and thoughts???

We r eexpecting about 65 people. We have rented 8 tables that seat 10 people. We want a very relaxed backyard feel wedding. Appetizers/drinks/dessert/dancing.  My thought was to have small wooden frames with a message. The three messages we came up with are below. Any thoughts ? Like these? Which is best? Do you have other ideas on how to handle this? It doesn't have to be the "frame idea" on each table..it could be a diff. idea...Throw some at me! Thanks!

"Because we didn't want to choose, please sit wherever you like"

"Whatever seat suits you, suits us! Please feel free to sit in the chair of your choice"

"We like the freedom of choice--please sit where you like"

Re: No assigned seating--Help and thoughts???

• edited December 2011
    I think if it is going to be like that, it is good idea to do unassigned seating. Guests would not have to sit in a seat the whole time for a dinner. Sounds fun! I cant wait to hear about your wedding, your posts make me so curious! 

I like the second wording :) 

• edited December 2011
    I like the second quote.

I wouldn't put the quotes on the table necessarily just because people won't see them until they walk over to the table.  Could you put it on a menu/buffet table/card table where everyone would see it up front?
  • edited December 2011
    Good idea MH, put it on an easel so they can see it upon entering the wedding site.  :)
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also like #2, and also cannot wait to see pics from your wedding!

Also, thank you for having more than adequate seating for everyone! Some people do the open seating and think they can get away with having less chairs than people - it never turns out well.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just used "also" three times... in one post. Might be time for some caffiene!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • jlb734jlb734 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen photos in a number of places where people use chalk boards for sort of an outdoorsy rustic feel--they'll write the menu or seating directions or whatever on them.  Might be another idea for something to put your quotes on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_assigned-seating-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ff355900-936c-413e-9543-b2cf198e3bbePost:9c022def-a4ad-4ea1-bd9f-b14d3d946418">Re: No assigned seating--Help and thoughts???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just used "also" three times... in one post. Might be time for some caffiene!
    Posted by LadyJ10[/QUOTE]

LOL
  • edited December 2011
    I also like the 2nd wording best... and love the idea of an easel with the chalkboard. It would be so cute!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    ok! i love the easel idea. Time to head to A.C. Moore or Michaels Crafts to grab an Easel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards