Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

RSVP-When to call?

My return RSVP date is 8/30, this thursday.  I was going to wait a couple days till I called but then I realized Monday is a holiday.  I am thinking I should start calling after I check the mail on Tuesday the 3rd.  Good or should I call after mail comes on Saturday?

Side rant:  While speaking with my mother about this today she informed me that two families of cousins are going to be there and they already have their lodging booked.  Apparently my family thinks they are exempt from RSVP'ing.  Is it wrong to be annoyed by this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: RSVP-When to call?

• Options
    I would wait until Wednesday. The 4th will be the "Monday" of that week, and for anyone returning from a vacation to work could be busy.

About the cousins, that is annoying but a lot of people just assume because you're family, they'll come. I would still call them and double check, in case they're trying to add people or not everyone can make it (for your numbers).
  • Options
    I would wait until the Tuesday or Wednesday after the RSVP deadline before you start calling.

And no, it's not wrong to be annoyed by your family's lack of RSVPS. We've hardly gotten any from FI's dads side of the family. Apparently we know their coming anyway and whatever we want to serve them is fine.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'd wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to call them also.  It was my single male cousins and my MIL who didn't send their cards back.  My cousins cause they didn't think about what it meant or why I'd need it and my MIL cause we knew she was coming and she wanted to keep the whole invitation as a keepsake.  For Christsake woman, I'll give you an extra effing card if you ask.  Check pork or chicken and send the damn thing back to me.  Sheesh.
  • Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2012
    ugghh, my sister, a BM, thought that she wouldn't send the card back because it was no big deal. . . . I knew she'd be there.  Great, but I didn't know if she was bringing a date or not.  I tried to explain to her that I was marking my excel spreadsheet as I got RSVPs back, and that it was pre-stamped AND her mailbox is 20 feet from her driveway. 

Anyway, you have to figure that a bunch of people might send the RSVPs on the due date.  I'd wait until Wednesday, start with the people who you would have expected to RSVP early on, then move onto the people who tend to do things a little more last minute, in case they sent them in a day or two late. 
  • Options
    What is funny is almost all of FI's old beer drinking buddies have put that little card back in the mail box...of course a few of them took some detective work because rather than put thier name in the space provided they wrote things like "Hell Yeah!"  "Gators getting married? This I gotta see!" and my personal favorite a yes with a question written on the back asking "What should I wear?".  I love them and I will keep them forever.  The ones who have not responded?  The super moms who are always so organized, or so they seem.......  Thanks for your responces girls, I will tally everyone up on Tuesday, and start calling on Wednesday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would wait till next week.

Just an FYI - I had a few RSVPs show up the week of the wedding.  Yet their postmark was 6 weeks earlier.  I had a few show up at a neighbors.  I also had 2 invitations sent back for a bad address 8 weeks after I sent them out.  

Point is, yes some people are annoying and forget to RSVP.  Sometimes they get lost with the mail.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards