New York-Long Island

I need help!

Hey All !

My name is Ali and I'm trying to find a nice place to hold the ceremony/reception for my wedding. My problem is that I live on LI and I can't seem to find anything I like, there is always something hokey about these places :( I am hoping that by reaching out to all of you lovely ladies I can get some good ideas of places to go and check out...my poor fiance is ready to kill me lol I think we have been to evey well known reception hall on LI...

HELP!! :)

Re: I need help!

• edited December 2011
    Hey All !

My name is Ali and I'm trying to find a nice place to hold the ceremony/reception for my wedding. My problem is that I live on LI and I can't seem to find anything I like, there is always something hokey about these places :( I am hoping that by reaching out to all of you lovely ladies I can get some good ideas of places to go and check out...my poor fiance is ready to kill me lol I think we have been to evey well known reception hall on LI...

HELP!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Check out your local board! :)
    panther
  • edited December 2011
    Try somewhere unconventional. What about one of the vineyards? Let me know where you have looked, and maybe we can make some other suggestions.
  • nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where have you looked so far? That might help, also what is it you are looking for/want? By the water? or gardens? There are alot of things that factor in, how many people are you inviting? Give more info and I will deff think of some places/ideas. ;)
  • edited December 2011

i agree more info would help with giving advice, also which ones did you look at so far and why didnt you like them?   we just looked at alot before we booked so i got alot  fresh on my mind lol

Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    There is so many in LI ! Just browse our local board
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at about 15 venues before decciding. I was actually between two of them... but the one I picked was just perfect. It gave me a feeling... anyway let us know which places you looked at and perhaps what you were unhappy with, and then we can help from there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Where have you looked that you didn't like?
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • edited December 2011

Oh boy I have looked at 11 places so far and I'm afraid my fiance is going to kill me soon (lol) we are having 60-75 people and want the ceremony and the reception in the same place and we have looked at:
    -Riviera @ massapequa  (Cash only facility and that makes me feel weird)
    -Bridgeview Yacht Club (150 person min) :(
    -Swan Club (you can only really got there 6 mo out of the year and they are $$ for spring/ summer)
    -Metropolitan (loved the smaller area lounge but the reception room looked a little dated)
    -Water's Edge (Long Island City- Beautiful, but 150 person min)
    -Westbury Manor (3 events at the same time...that scares the crap outta me)
    -Stewart Manor (No place for pictures since it's residential)
    -Ravel ( Long Island City- such a let down the rooftop view shows all the factories down below)
    -Riverview (Long Island City wanted $20,000.00 to shut down the resutrant for the night)
    -North Ritz Club- NASTY NASTY people there we went to make an appt to discuss the wedding and some man decided to talk to my fiance and I like we were uninteligent.
    -Chateau Briand- I called to make an appt to come in when I told her we had 60-75 ppl she hung up on me
    -Inn @ New Hyde Park- Explained that they take "nothing less than 150 person weddings"
    Carltun- 150 person min :(

So all in all it's been very frustrating for us to find something both beautiful and accomodating for the size wedding we want.

I would really appreciate any info you ladies could give me :D

THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSES SO FAR IT MEANS ALOT ! :)

• edited December 2011
    If you look at local vendors you'll find several more locations on LI. I agree that a vineyard might be a good choice, a lot of them don't have minimums and you just get an off-site caterer.

East Wind can do that many people, but you might not be interested since they do multiple weddings per day (There were 7 other weddings the day I got married and there was no problem.)
    Russo's on the Bay or Vento, Giorgio's, Flowerfield, Irish Coffey Pub, etc.

Also, I've been to events at the Swan Club during different parts of the year and it's always been lovely.
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Woodbury Country Club.
    xo Alia
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • otgalotgal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem with a small wedding reception (90-100).  I went to 10 different places in one weekend and finally decided on Chateau La Mer in Lindenhurst.  Suggest checking out there website....I do know that there min is 100 guest for a saturday evening in May.  There is another place in Ronkonkoma on the lake, I didn't go see it but the pictures looked nice if you are looking for a place on the water.  A bonus that we found also was at Chateau they do a food tasting every wednesday night before you even book.  Hope that helps.
  • R.WilsonnyR.Wilsonny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at Swan Club.....the place is absolutely beautiful, and they have the smaller room to accomodate the amount of people you are looking to have at your wedding. If you are able to get the Garden Room though, that room has its own private entrance and bathrooms separate from the rest of the place.

Also, if you want to try somewhere less conventional, why not check out George Washington Manor? That was one of the places that I looked at, and unforunately I fel it would have been too small for my wedding, but I thought to myself that it would be perfect for a smaller wedding....it's really quaint and inside of a pretty historic old manor house. I did love it, just not for the amount of people coming to my wedding.....

Westbury Manor was another place we looked at.....definitely STAY AWAY. The day we went to look at the place, we got to see firsthand how they opertate as there were 2 or 3 events going on at once.....it was a complete chaos.....so your fears are absolutely correct.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards