Chit Chat

Photographer Price Quote?

So my friend from HS offered to take our engagement photos. She said that she does 2 different locations, an hour at each, they yeild about 75-100 photos. She said that she would charge us about $100. Is that a lot, just right or really underpriced?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer Price Quote?

• That is pretty cheap. But...

Is she a professional photographer? Quality of her work & where you are located would dictate if that is a reasonable deal. Call around to local professional photographers & ask what their prices are. Plus, many people get E-pics included in their wedding package. Have you booked your wedding photographer yet?

Planning Bio
    Married 9/15/11

*This is Not Legal Advice*
  • That is on the cheap side. Most that I quoted were $250+. We got a great deal going with a husband and wife team who have been in business over 30 years. They gave us great photos, but I didn't hire them for our wedding b/c I wanted something SPECTACULAR; I just wasn't up to paying for spectacular for e-pics; very good did for me. They charged $50 for an hour on location.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Ditto, that's pretty cheap.  Most of the packages I saw when finding my photographer were $250-$300, no prints, but including the high-res digital files and a couple of favourites edited.

It's only $100, so you could do the engagement shoot with her and if you really like her and her work, then book her for your wedding as well.

We didn't do professional e-pics, we got my sister to take them at the park with my FI's really good DSLR camera.
  • Do you plan on hiring a pro photog for the wedding? If so, most include a free engagement session so they get to work with the couple beforehand. If you are planning to hire a pro, then I would pocket the $100 and go the pro route. If not, then I would def go with your friend, but check out her work... if it sucks then you'll be wasting $100 LOL.

• Does she have a website or blog?  That would help us determine is $100 is a fair price for her services.  It might be pricey if her pictures don't look professional.
    Photobucket

• These are just some of her hundreds of pics on facebook. She doesnt have a blog or website, I dont think I will ask her after I get off work. She is not a professional but all her work I have seen from her she might as well be! I think it would be work the $100 if thats cheap for a photographer. And no we haven't booked one yet. My older sister isn't sure if she wants to be a bridesmaid or my photographer yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For $100 I'd give it a try, you can always re-do them since they're just engagement pics, and then if she's great you could use her for wedding, or not; sounds like a good deal.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Use a professional!

My sister wound up with no photos inside the church because her H's aunt (volunteer photographer) ran out of film and didn't realize it.

Yes, this was several years ago
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards