Wedding Woes

Bill and Kelly do Mexico, part 2 of 2.

July 27
After breakfast at Don Juan we spent most of the day at the bar pool again. Then when we all felt too burned by the sun we moved up to the pool that was in the shade. In between swimming we stopped for lunch and swam for a lot longer

. Before we went up to the room Kelly stopped in the bar in our hotel lobby to get some nachos and cheese to take up to our room. We went up to our rooms to get changed for dinner and to go to the Broadway show. On our way down to dinner at Don Juan we were carrying our towels down from earlier and when we got to the booth they people had closed up. So we had to take the towels back to the front desk to get our cards back.

Then we stopped to look at the venders who were selling jewelry. When we were going into the restaurant the woman told Kelly’s dad he wasn’t allowed in because he had a tank top on, so he had to go back to the room and change. The rest of us left the restaurant and sat outside until he got back from changing. It was French night at the restaurant so after dinner you could go up and a man made you an ice-cream crepe. We went to the fiesta after dinner. They had all the major employees in this skit were they danced to different types of music and they were just being really goofy. Then actors re acted parts from Moulin Rouge, Titanic, West Side Story, Chicago and Evita. Then we went back up to our room to go to bed.

July 28
We woke up kind of late because everyone was a bit burnt. So we went to breakfast and visited all the different pools. Then we went into the sea where we tried to collect sea shells. We walked over to the boardwalk a little bit up from our hotel but there was a man there who wasn’t very willing to let us walk on “his” board walk. So we walked up the other end of the beach. After lunch we went up to our room and got changed to go over to the mall. Bill got big sea shells for his sisters, grandma, mom and Todd. We then walked back to the Mexican Outlet to look around again. Then we went back to the hotel to go for dinner, it was Mexican night.

It was very ironic that Bill had said before we got out of the lobby that he would really like to have some popcorn and there ended up being people handing out cups of popcorn.

There was a bunch of different types of Mexican food inside of the restaurant. There was a chef making bean tacos and chicken tacos. We ate a lot that night; we thought the food was very good. Out side of the restaurant on the porch they had a man carving fruit. We then went out to the patio to watch the Mexican festival. They had children on the pool area hitting a piñata. Then they had a Mexican auction, on tee shirts, hats, and towels. They also had dancers on a stage to Mexican music. We had the last of our drinks for the vacation then we called it a pretty early night because we had to get up early in the morning and we were really not enjoying the Mexican music.

Around 12:00 in the morning Kelly started to feel very sick and she ended up throwing up for about an hour. (all these people seem to do is throw up...) Once she calmed down and felt better she got better and slept until 4:45 when the wake up call occurred.

July 29
We got our wake up call at 4:45. We were all very tried since Kelly kept us up. We went down to the Brazilian restaurant where they were supposed to have a light breakfast for people but they only had coffee and juice and lunchmeat. We walked outside for the last time and watched the sun rise over the sea. We then went up to our rooms did a quick check to make sure we had everything then we went down to the lobby to check out and wait for our bus to take us to the airport. When our bus got there we went straight to the airport. We had to wait in a long line. They started looking at all suitcases but the line was moving so slow they had made it only a random search because they had no x-ray machine for our suitcases.

We showed the people at the desk our IDs and they had to find our boarding passes. They had no type of computer system so they had a large stack of boarding tickets and they had to search the whole stack to find everyone’s boarding pass. We then went to security for our carry on where they had an x-ray machine. Kelly had her dad’s carry on because he went outside to have a smoke. The man asked her if she had something (the man start to turn his hand.) Kelly was like what a screw driver? And the man said no then he said to open tequila with, and Kelly was like a bottle opener and he was said no. Kelly gave him the bag and he found a cork screw in the bag. The man asked Kelly what she wanted to do with it and she told him to just throw it away.

We got into the real airport part; there was a Hard Rock store with merchandise from all the Hard Rocks in Mexico. (Bill was in HEAVEN!!!) We then went up an escalator to our gate A6. We passed a bunch of naked manikins which we thought was odd. We had a long wait so we walked over to a jewelry store near our gate, it was very expensive. When we got in line for the plane they called rows 16 and higher but it seemed that no one listened and everyone got in line (we were in row 17.) They randomly picked people to check them and their carry on. They picked Kelly’s dad, they took one of his lighters the airport security workers said he was only allowed to have 1 lighter and he had 2 of them. Once we were in the air they brought around drinks, Bill got a sprite and Kelly got a diet coke. Then they brought around lunch every one got a sandwich with ham and cheese along with pasta and a lemon sugar cookie.

They put Laws of Attraction and an episode of Friends on the plane but we did not buy ear phones to hear the movie. Once we landed in Pittsburgh at 2:10 we had to go to customs to get back into the US and show them our IDs and birth certificates. They asked us what we brought back into the US and we told the man gifts and Tequila. Then we had to collect our luggage at carousel D and drop it off with security people to check out our suitcases. We then went to another line where we had to get searched and have our carry on re checked. We then went down to the ground floor to get our luggage at carousel K. We had to wait about an hour before our luggage was even released for us to collect.

Once we got our luggage we met the Charlie Brown driver outside at door 8. Once we got to the place we unloaded their van into our van and we were on the way home around 4:30. We had to wait in traffic on 79 due to all the construction. We went home through Bridgeville. We stopped at the Bethel Park Wendy’s to get our Dinner.

We got back to Kelly’s house and checked on the cats then ate and Kelly unpacked. We then went to Bill’s house to see his family and unpacked and we gave his mom and sister their sea shells, and Bill’s mom her cockatoo san dollar. We then went out to the water front to see a premier of The Village at 8:00. We had to wait in a long line that was all the way to the entrance.

Bill got us drinks and popcorn while Kelly waited in line. We had to show our IDs in the front of the doors to get into the movie and promise we wouldn’t tell the ending of the movie before it was released (Friday). We then had to go through security; they checked inside of Kelly’s purse and checked Bill’s pockets for recording devices. Then we got to go to our seats. The theater was very crowed there were very few empty seats if any. WDVE was there and they were throwing Village shirts. Kelly got one for Bill when they threw it up near us. We thought movie was alright; it was very unpredictable but also not what we were expecting of the movie either. We then came home.

Re: Bill and Kelly do Mexico, part 2 of 2.

•  it was very unpredictable but also not what we were expecting of the movie either

You forgot to highlight this part. ^
  • I know I usually fall under "do you," but I couldn't marry a guy that feels the need to hit up every Hard Rock ever created. I know some people like to do this, but it would drive me nuts.

Sidenote: I'm guessing Bill doesn't wear ties or dress shirts because he buys at least 3 t-shirts on every trip.
  • These people make my head hurt.

I love that it was Mexican night at the hotel in Mexico.
  • So - wait. How many people are there? It's Bill and Kelly who took the other trip and are married, right? Who's Kerri? 

I should not be this confused by the text equivalent of vacation slides. 
  • Bill and Kelly were still engaged when they took this trip. Kerri is Kelly's (younger?) sister.

i like that they shared a room with Kelly's grandma.
  • I feel like I know these people now.

I love how she says what the in-flight movie was, but then goes on to say how they didn't buy headphones.
  • Also, I am happy that they don't travel on their own. It is nice that they have supervised outtings. The nice Apple people will make sure they are safe. However, why do they travel with their birth certificates and not passports?
  • I'm sure if she had bought headphones, there would have been a muddled synopsis of the entire movie. And then how everyone felt about the movie.

These read like those "What You Did This Summer" reports you used to have to write at the beggining of the school year, by a very long winded fifth grader.
    Dear Rain, Not Today. Sincerely, My Parade
  • The one thing I'll say about her writing is that I really felt like I was there on vacation with them. And I never, ever want to go anywhere with them again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards