Illinois-Chicago

Ceremony Music Help!!

So Ladies, I need your help.

I have done so well up until now... totally stayed within my budget, but went WAY over on the flowers and the photographer, now I am looking for areas to cut.

One place I was thinking of cutting was the ceremony music.  Our DJ has a little satelite speaker and can do the music for us... I was originally thinking of having a string duo or a harpsist.

What do you think?  Thoughts on having the DJ play select music for the ceremony vs harpsist or string duo... and does anyone have recommendation on good fairly inexpensive musicians?

Thanks!!

Re: Ceremony Music Help!!

• edited December 2011
    That's a great idea!  I say, go with it.  You can be much more creative with musical selections this way.
  • edited December 2011
    We're having our dj do our ceremony too. Not the classiest thing, but it was cheap. You could try contacting music departments at local colleges if you want cheap musicians.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • pajarito81pajarito81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just posted something up about instrumentalists a few days ago. I got some responses back and just booked with DiArte Entertainment.
    Daniela has been in business for over 15 years and contracts over 60musicians.She seems very professional when I spoke to her. I found her to be reasonable. You should go onto their website and maybe give her a call.

www.diarteentertainment.com
    Mrs. F 9-18-10
  • edited December 2011
    I booked diarte too. Totally flexible and she's open to ANYTHING we want...I really hadn't planned on having ceremony musicians (seemed like an unnecessary expense) but when I talked to her about prices they were actually less than any students.

On that note, when I contacted the Wheaton Conservatory (?)  about student musicians, all of the students charged MORE that most reasonably priced professionals I could find, because they charged by the student (rather than for a group)
  • jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our DJ play string quartet music while the guests are being seated and for the interludes. It sounds beautiful and doesn't cost anything extra :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards