Virginia

Hampton Roads Catering Help

Hey guys...I'm getting married in the Hampton Roads area and I need to find a caterer before August! The only issue is price :(!!!! I REFUSE to pay $8k and upwards for some food for just 1 day.  Not happening! But I'm afraid I may have no choice.  We have invited NO more than 150 guests and we expect 100 to actually show up (hopefully less ^.^).  Does anyone here know any decent, great caterers, with a not so ridiculous price? (and no offense, preferably ones that don't do picnic type food either cause then I'll just go grab a grill and grill the food myself, ya know?)

BTW I've even tried calling the hampton roads culinary institute (I think that is their name) and they didn't even get back with me :'(.  Guess they don't want to do my event.  Thanks in advanced for the help! :D
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hampton Roads Catering Help

• definitely try farm fresh, its awesome.
  • Hey! We ran into the same problem, the first catering quote i got was for about 10k for 150 people which was nuts (we didnt pick prime rib and lobster tail).  We decided to go with Williamsburg Concession and Catering, they catered a friend of my fiancees wedding and it was delicious. We just did our taste testing and are very happy with Cassie and they are very reasonably priced... Our selections and the fees are going to be at/ under 5k for 150 people. would def recommend them!
  • You should try Fit for a King.  She is a personal chef that has been doing weddings here lately.  I know plenty of people who have used her and loved her...so much that she is my caterer.  We are having hopefully no more than 120 people and are being charged $3,500 I believe.  She doesn't have a website, but if you do a google search for her, she'll come up.

• Thanks so much! I should check up on this board more.  55 days to go...still no caterer.  Tried farm fresh but she just stopped communicating with us for a while then all of a sudden she started communicating again...haven't even done a tasting yet with her :(!!!!  As far as the other suggestions I will definitely check them out too.  Time is winding down!!! :|
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards