Florida-South Florida

Still Searching for a venue

I have been looking at several venues but still not getting the wow factor.  So far The Addison in Boca Raton is runner up but the dates aren't quite working out!  Does anyone know of a Old World elegant stlye venue or house in the Palm Beach, Broward counties??

Re: Still Searching for a venue

• Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Westin Diplomat golf location? The chadeliers remind me of the pictures I've seen at the Addison (which is gorgeous!)
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Sundy House in Delray?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • edited December 2011

The Sundy House has nothing available till June and I will look at the Diplomat!  Please if you know of any other venue I am all ears :)

• edited December 2011
    That stinks. What about the Spanish River Library (that my venueSmile)?  Or one of these: 
    White Horse Tavern (Wellington) - I went to an event there and loved it.
    Needham Estate (Ft. Laud) - This place showed up on my recent google search, I don't know if they do events..but it definitely has that old world feel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Flagler in West Palm? Maybe fancier than what you're looking for but it's another option!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • HeathirddHeathirdd member
    edited December 2011
    Its in Miami (Coconut Grove) but my venue Villa Woodbine is an old spanish estate...one of the oldest in miami...its gorgeous...i'm obsessed.
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • orianita3orianita3 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking into Miami-Dade county as well as it seems to have more options than Palm Beach. I figured whoever wants to come can make the trip or miss it.
    That said, I want to go look at The Addison but I'm afraid to fall in love with it and then have it be too $$$.....what did you think of their prices??
  • edited December 2011
    The Addison was beautiful and Grace was very helpful but there is a minimum fee for food and beverage not to mention a venue fee and all the other added fees. I hear the food is amazing but when ever a vender hears the word wedding its amazing how much food increases in cost! However, It is our runner up right now but Im still shopping around.

The Flagler Museum is GORGEOUS. Anybody know the packages for that, it has to cost a fortune.
  • edited December 2011
    You could check out Vizcaya (http://www.vizcayamuseum.org/), I think it might be pricey but honestly not really sure.
  • edited December 2011
    Its in South Miami but I'm getting married at the Deering Estate and love the old world charm of it!
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    About the Flagler: I never looked at their prices, but they are very strict about where you can take pics, where/what you can set up for your wedding. I was considering them but they had way too many restrictions.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for all the great advise. I contacted a few of the suggested venues already.  If you think of anything else, please let me know.  I need to lock down a venue within the next couple weeks. 

I haven't heard back from the Flagler but disappointed to hearing all the restrictions that they have!  I dont do well with RULES,lol.

@cmp1986 what other venues were you looking in addition to the Flagler?
  • twissy94twissy94 member
    edited December 2011

Hi Jacks31,

You should try Old Davie School Museum.

HTH!

• FreestarrFreestarr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While we are getting married at the Palm beach zoo (so not what you are looking for!) we did look at Ben Venuto's in Boynton. Beautiful indoor and courtyard facilities. worth checking out.
  • nakupenda24nakupenda24 member
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Grande Oaks....Its got a southern Belle feel...And Parkland Golf and Country Club is a Tuscan feel...I looked at both
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary
  • bravesgirl108bravesgirl108 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Addison is my venue! They do have a lot of fees but if you talk to them about it and say that it is "close to your budget but not quite there" they will work with you.

My "runner up" choice was the Harriet Himmel Theater (spelling?) in City Place. It was a close decision because both had AMAZING picture opportunities.

Let us know what you choose!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 219 Invited imageimage 178 Are coming to party! image 22 Are missing out! image 19 are raising my blood pressure!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards