New Jersey

il Villaggio Brides!

Hey girls. How many people are on your invite list? I've been thinking about table placements in the room and the spacing of the two bars and dessert stations (we're not having a vienesse hour so they're doing a couple of stations inside of the ballroom). My invite list is like 198 so I'm expecting around 175 guests. Bob says they can fit 12 people to a table since their tables are bigger. I have concerns with whether or not that's too tight for the guests and whether or not 15 - 17 tables is too stuffed for the room. I know they say they can fit 225 people but I just can't see that being done without being on top of each other. Thanks!

Re: il Villaggio Brides!

• altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ross - did you choose the oblong tables or the circle? I went when they were setting up for a wedding to do a layout for myself and the round tables fit 10 people max, 12 people would be squished IMHO. I am doing 15 tables with 10 people at each table and the layout was plenty big enough, so an extra 2-3 tables will be fine. the dessert tables are in the back behind the sweetheart table, right?
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Theresa! We haven't picked out any tables yet so I was just wondering what was feasible. Glad to hear that 17 tables would be fine (18 would be needed if we have 175ish). My fiance and I were thinking that we don't want the bar near the enterance to the ballroom so it doesn't get videotaped when the bridal party and us do our big enterance. So we were going to discuss how to rearrange things.

I had no clue where the dessert tables were going so thank you for telling me! =)
  • edited December 2011
    We also booked Premier Entertainment (Ralph) so looks like we keep booking the same people =)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha We have great taste! Ralph was booked for ours so we went with Danny, but we met with both him and Ralph and he was great. What package did you end up going with?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridetobe730 - how many guests are you having again? You are the closest one getting married, wasnt sure if you did your table layout yet or a tentative one?
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am inviting 265 people!  Crossing my fingers that we dont get more then 220!!  I have an appointment to set up my menu in a couple of weeks so I plan to find out more about the seating. 

Pharo-  I am also booked with Ralph from Premier!!  Also, I saw your earlier post about florists.  I am booked with Santos.  I did look at AW but choose Santos over them. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ralph is the one that we had the appointment with. Me and him clicked really well. We have the same humor and we had each other cracking up during the whole meeting.

We ended up getting the cocktail and reception, 1 dj and 1 emcee (5 hrs). uplighting, 2 plasmas with the photo montage and live pictures of the wedding, and the percussionist (drums). I know Ralph said that he rotates the DJs to keep them fresh but I told him that we have to know ahead of time who our DJ is. I want to work directly with the DJ and Ralph so they know what feel we are going for. The majority of my fiance's family is latin so we have to do a combo of latin/club feel but not too much fistpump so that everyone digs the music. I had to do some negotiating. I came up and he came down so we could agree on a price. My sales background doesn't hurt in those situations Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    BridetoBe - Santos doesn't have my date available so I'm doing to check out Avenue and AW. I have an appointment this Saturday with Avenue with Oscar. I'm waiting to hear back from Adam at AW since he was at an event when I called.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh we skimped on plasmas, we did our own montage and having it play during cocktail hour in the bar area. We also are using a harpist for ceremony & cocktail hour. But we def went with a percussionist, uplighting & 5 hrs emcee and dj. Do you mind me asking how much they charged for the plasmas and extra photog? I already have 2 photogs, an assistant for the photobooth and a videographer so was thinking that would be a lot of people taking pix but it really is a cool idea, but then again 1 more vendor to feed lol

Did you decide on a wedding reception location yet?
    edited December 2011

Do you guys know how many people the room holds?  I thought I remember them saying it could hold around 220 comfortably if you had oval tables.??

First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ok so thats a good question, it said 225 max and John told me with more guests they use oval tables but I wasnt sure, is that guests or max capacity of people, which includes waiters etc? I assume it means guests.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whats with this 4% maitre d fee? That wasnt included? I know my price quote was tax and gratuity, but now Im confused. Also, did you meet with your maitre d already???? The only person I met with was John so far.
  • edited December 2011
    I remember hearing 225 was the max.

Theresa - When negotiating, we didn't even talk about extras. He packaged the whole thing together and I told him where I needed to be. He started at a higher number and I told him I couldn't do it.  He came back and asked me if I could do a particular price. I gave him the thumbs up and that was that. I think the vendors are suprised that they are dealing with a groom that is heavily involved and doesn't just sit there and frump around. It's just my personality and I enjoy helping my fiance. It's been allowing me to negotiate better.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awe that is sweet!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm like 100% sure about the 4% maitre'd fee. I'm a numbers fanatic so I remember talking about this during our negotiation prior to booking with them and I told him what my price needed to be after everything (tip, tax and maitre'd fee). I'm working with Bob and I may be mistaken but Bob is going to be my maitre'd. You have me rethinking things now. lol  I'm going to go back to my contract and make sure I have my ducks in a row. Bob can be a little crazy and I don't need a 4% surprise at the end of the night.  I'm a real peach in my normal life but I don't mess around when it comes to business or money.
    edited December 2011
    I just got nervous and emailed John about the seating!  :) 
  • edited December 2011
    225 should be based on guests.......not the maximum people for fire codes Tongue out.....just messing around
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know how I'd mesh with John after meeting him a few times. Bob is more my style when it comes to working out details because I feel he has a more personable and friendly approach. John seems a tad more rigid. However, I'm very much like John when it comes down to business and numbers. He's seems like he is very much by the book. Bob and I have bonded so I can schmooze him a little.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really? I love John so much, my first impression of him is what also made me chose il villaggio because he made me feel calm and like everything was under control etc and he knew that place inside and out. He's been so responsive and helpful, me and FI are so happy with him. I think it also depends on who youve been working with since day 1, it puts you at ease to always work with the same person you met with. We met Bob a few times, he actually recommended the place to get my dress from, he was a bit "much" for my FI (my FI likes more low key people - which is prob why John was a good fit for us).
    edited December 2011
    I think John is the greatest!!  I love working with him.  In general I think the entire staff at Il'Villaggio is top notch! 
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with both of you. The staff is what made us choose the place. I guess John is more laid back once he's working with you. He just seems so serious in his face sometimes. lol  I totally agree that Bob can be tooooo much as well. There are times when I think he's too comfortable with us. I'm all about being laid back and chill but I was also brought up with a serious emphasis on etiquette. Bob can sometimes toe the line Laughing. Plus my attitude changes when it time to get down and dirty with details. The way you describe John sounds very much like my personality. I guess we've couldn't have gone wrong with either guy. They both seem to really know that place well. I believe John is the owner's son-in-law so I'm sure he has that place running on all cylinders.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im so excited for our weddings!!! Im sad mine is still so far away :(
    edited December 2011
    I am excited toooo!!! You're not far away! 
  • Babycakes SEBabycakes SE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding there Easter weekend- We had 12 people at our table- PLENTY of room.  I didn't even realize we had 12 people until a little bit later in the evening... the chairs weren't crowded and neither was the table/dishes. Hope that helps!

image 291 Invited
    image 140 Ready to Party image 14 Fail image137 testing my patience
    RSVP Date: April 30
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Babycakes! It's good to hear. How was your experience at the wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    I super excited for the weddings as well! It isn't as far as you think Theresa. I'm in full stress mode with 4 months left to go. You aren't that far behind. Trust me
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha I just get so excited LOL Its gonna be here and over before we know it :)
    What are you guys doing for HM? Im reaaaaaly excited for mine hahaha
  • edited December 2011
    Honeymoon is at Secrets Maroma Beach in Riviera Maya. Can't wait to go to Tulum. My fiance and I have never been together on a trip for more than three days so this is a big deal for us. Hope you both have something awesome planned!!
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I went to Riveria Maya twice and it was awesome!! And we visited Tulum last summer.. it was a really cool experience :)
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen pictures of the beaches near Tulum and they almost look fake. I originally wanted to stay in Tulum for our honeymoon but it's too hot in September not to have air conditioning and all of the places in Tulum are more eco-like. We'll try and go there in late April or early May to catch the lower prices and not too hot of sun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards