• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Sept Fall Themed Wedding?

Do you think Sept 10, 2011 would be a good day for a fall themed wedding?

Re: Sept Fall Themed Wedding?

• I was married on 9/18 and tried to go for a fall theme.  As PP said most people didn't seem to consider it fall (I think some wait until Oct or the leaves change at least in New England).

I would stock up on fall stuff now because it will be hard to find before your wedding. I got wicked cute wreaths from Target last min (literally 2 days before the wedding) with leaves and red/orange/yellow fall color leaves to use for centerpieces they looked fantastic.  

I would just stick to fall colors.  I've been to weddings in the summer wear girls wear dark colors, you just have to do what you want
  • Thanks for the advice. I think we are actually going to move our date to the end of september so it may work out.
  • I am having mine on Sept. 10 next year and it is going to be a fall themed wedding! Even though the leaves haven't really changed yet, you can do whatever colors you want! It's close enough to fall. 
    ~ Future Mrs. Mensen ~ image
  • I was married September 24th and it was 87 degrees!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We got married that same weekend this year and it was completely fall themed :):)  Everyone loved it!   You can see pix here: http://blog.hk-photography.com/NicoleandBrian.html
  • Im getting married 9/17/11 and I asked around about this issue too! Luckily, September weddings can go either way.  The option to be able to do a summer or fall theme is one reason that month is becoming increasingly popular.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards