Arizona-Phoenix

Lighting/Decor

Has anyone used a lighting or decor company that isn't out of this world expensive? Also draping.... I'd love to find out how much it would be to turn an ordinary banquet room into something spectacular. If anyone has this info, please let me know what I can expect!

Thanks! :)

Re: Lighting/Decor

• blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My lighting person is ridiculously expensive in my opinion, I think lighting and draping are just expensive in general. If you want to completely light and drape a room you are probably looking at close to 10,000+
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Encore Creative in Tempe. Talk to Stefanie. We're only doing a backdrop with lighting behind the head table, so it's not hugely expensive (I don't know how much lighting and draping you're talking), but she's really helpful and easy to work with. They have all kinds of things and can work with you to create the look you're going for. They have an insanely big warehouse of stuff.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • edited December 2011
    All right- perfect. I'll contact Encore. I think 10k is a bit much- I'd just want some uplighting which could give the room a total new feel i think? 

Anyone that used uplighting- could you tell a big difference in the feel of the room??
  • edited December 2011
    All right- perfect. I'll contact Encore. I think 10k is a bit much- I'd just want some uplighting which could give the room a total new feel i think? 

Anyone that used uplighting- could you tell a big difference in the feel of the room??
  • Christa GChrista G member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of DJs offer uplighting now- have you checked with yours? I love the effect of uplighting and definitely want to add it. We are looking into using Events by Showstoppers as our florist, and they offer lighting and other decor. According to their price sheet their uplighting is $35 per light (so depends on the size of your venue for overall cost) and their fabric drops start at $18 per liner foot (the example they give is that a 60ft. wall covered floor to ceiling in a single layer would be 18.00 X 60ft. ( 1080.00).

Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing uplighting through our dj (Ray the DJ). It's $350 for 12 uplights.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards