Nevada-Las Vegas

Good places for a photoshoot..?

We were going for the Neon Museum, but it looks like they won't be able to accommodate us for the day/timeframe we have before the reception to do do the shoot.  We plan on doing a photo op tour after the reception, too, so we don't want to hit the same spots you normally would for that either.  Any suggestions?  TY!

Re: Good places for a photoshoot..?

• direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Before the Boneyard was an option, we were considering a dry lakebed or the Nelson ghost town. When I had mentioned these to Olga (Dott Photography), she said both options would be awesome. ETA - I'm not sure if I read your post right - would this be the same day as your wedding, or are you talking about something separate?
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• smedina0212smedina0212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our engagement shoot out at Nelson's Landing. It was pretty neat. It''s a little far, about 40 minutes from the strip. I'm not sure if you're wanting to stay close to the strip or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!  Unfortunately we need to stay close to the downtown/strip area because we had timed to shoot between the ceremony and the reception.  The neon museum was perfect because it was near the chapel. ;A;  We only have two and a half hours between the ceremony and the reception.
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, that makes sense. I guess my only thought would be to get some fun shots around Fremont St.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    What hotel are you getting married at? Honestly we took most of our pictures around the hotel and they turned out great. You can go to the Vegas sign (just give your self time). Whatever you do, don't try to do too much.
  • edited December 2011
    If you want a similar feel to Neon boneyard, I would stick with Freemont St.  They have managed to get some of their restored signs up along the street.  It also has more of an old school Vegas feel versus the strip.  There are a bunch of different places with some pretty cool murals or lights that are pretty funky too.
  • mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the delay in reply- been a busy working this weekend!  Thanks you guys!  I was a little sure about Freemont street, but I feel reassured from you ladies and now that I've had time to think it over I think it'll leave us more open for candid shots rather than posed ones which will make FI a little happier since he doesn't like posing for pictures much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards