Canada-Ontario

cold feet

In 2 week i should be getting hiched ........i dont even know if i want to show up now .we have 3 kids and its bin 8 years we are moveing the day after the wedding .   what can do to make me want to show up . cant sleep, cant eat ,no time for my self .he is working 6 days a week from 5 am to 8 pm i have dun all the planing my self .
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: cold feet

• APW2010APW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have so much stressful stuff going on in your life right now. In two weeks you'll be married and a huge chunk of that stress will be done. Being together that long and with kids together, your lives are obviously joined all ready - enjoy your party.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you getting cold feet for the WEDDING, or the MARRIAGE?

Those are two different things. If you're just nervous about the day running well, or standing up in front of all those people, I'd say just relax and have a fun wedding.

But if you're getting cold feet about your relationship or spending the rest of your life with this man, you really need to talk to him. Has something happened?

Realize that not showing up to your wedding will basically change your life. What do you want to happen after the wedding? Things won't just go back to the way they are.

For example, if you want things to stay as they are now - think about what's scaring you about being "married" as opposed to "in a relationship". Will it really be so different from the relationship you have now?

If you're planning to pack up and leave, then you should consider these feelings seriously and perhaps consider calling off the wedding. It's difficult, but if it's the right thing, then you gotta do it.

Talk to him, and take both of your feelings seriously. There isn't much we can do to convince you to go through with the wedding or not.

Good luck. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Hang in there... you are almost there!  You will be fine.  Just look forward to the celebration with your new union with your kids.  You will have an awesome day!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You need to talk to him, and let him know how you're feeling. Even though you're busy and stressed make time to tell him you're seriously having second thoughts. Marriage is a big commitment, it's bigger than the wedding day. I hope you two will sort it out.
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely talk to him - after all you've been with him for 8 years, he should be the first person you go to when you're having problems like this. I think you will be fine - just stay strong. All the best!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with talking with your man, know how you feel and share that with him, you are planning to share your life with him so it's important to let him know how you feel.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • vtbd26vtbd26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you ever one we talk and feeling 100% now i have 8 days to go and am looking forwerd too it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did things go?  How are you feeling now?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards