Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Minnesota venue ideas!!! Indoor ceremony, reception, and overnight

My fiance and I are currently living in GA where he is stationed, but I would love (love, love, love, love!) to find a well-priced venue back up in my home state of MN, preferably in the metro area.

We're looking for a location where we can stay in one area for the day: indoor ceremony, reception, and perhaps even overnight accommodations. We are open to off season/ off days to save money.

I know it's a tall order, any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Re: Minnesota venue ideas!!! Indoor ceremony, reception, and overnight

• I think pretty much any hotel could make that work. We are doing our ceremony and reception at the Profile Event Center. They do minimums (but no rental fee) and they are lower in the off season. There is a hotel a block away though I'm not sure where we plan on staying yet. Definitely worth checking out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I second Profile Event Center!!!

I am getting married there in January! The minimum is only 4,250 in January, and you get 25% off everything over the minimum. We are holding our ceremony and reception there and expect to spend under 8,000 all said and done (200 guests)!! They have coordinators who plan almost everything for you.(which would be helpful since youre not here in MN)  It does get a little spendy when you start getting into using their decor.. but I'm doing lots of DIY's to save.

Reach out to me if you'd like to know more.. I could talk PEC all day. :)
  • jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_minnesota-venue-ideas-indoor-ceremony-reception-and-overnight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:de502b18-de7d-484e-bfcc-8f194e2ca17dPost:2ddc1a4f-09ef-44c0-80c7-9137ff9a9721">Re: Minnesota venue ideas!!! Indoor ceremony, reception, and overnight</a>:
    [QUOTE]I second Profile Event Center!!! I am getting married there in January! The minimum is only 4,250 in January, and you get 25% off everything over the minimum. We are holding our ceremony and reception there and expect to spend under 8,000 all said and done (200 guests)!! They have coordinators who plan almost everything for you.(which would be helpful since youre not here in MN)  It does get a little spendy when you start getting into using their decor.. but I'm doing lots of DIY's to save. Reach out to me if you'd like to know more.. I could talk PEC all day. :)
    Posted by KristinAndAlan[/QUOTE]

Whaaat? Is this the same PEC? Haha. Our minimum is more than that (it was the same in Jan, Feb and Mar last I looked) and I didn't hear anything about a discount. When did you book? Did you get some sort of special?

ETA: Just looked and saw that's the Friday minimum. Nevermind! Saturday's minimum is higher than that but it's not bad still. Our food basically takes care of it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • The 25% off is January and February only I believe. 
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I'll third the Profile! I had my wedding there this past May and it was amazing. I didn't have my ceremony there, but many have and I've heard they make it work really well and fairly seamlessly. If you scroll down, there is a post about the PEC from a few days ago, and the link to my full review is there. It was, in a word, FREAKINGAWESOME!!! (ok, that was 2 words, heh :) )

We did two hotel blocks. The first was at the Days Inn, which is 2 blocks away, and one of the more affordable options in the area. The rooms were nice - just be sure they use the 6th floor rooms for the block (which they say they do for all weddings because they are the nicer rooms). My parents and some of my guests stayed there and said it was nice. Not fancy of course, but nice clean rooms, free breakfast, and within walking distance of the PEC, which my guests who like to let loose and drink really appreciated. :)

We also did a block at The Marriott City Center which the Profile partners with. It's a few miles from the PEC (around a 10 minute cab ride). The price wasn't actually too bad (around $110 a night) and it was super nice. Plus if you get 10 rooms booked out of your block, you get to stay in one of the wedding suites the night of your wedding for free! And if you get 15 rooms blocked, you get 2 free hours of their shuttle service.

A side note - the company that does the Marriott's shuttle service was the cheapest I found, and they did a great job!
  • If you are looking for chair covers, check out The Covered Chair. Susan is great to work with and does an amazing job! Also, Bride To Be Consignment is a great place to go for all of your reception decorations and much more.
    Good luck and have fun!

Lisa Curry Designs - Wedding Signs

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards