Florida-South Florida

Pre-Wedding Bloodwork?!

My doctor's office mentioned it to me when I told them I was getting married. I don't think the state of Florida requires it to be done, but what's it all about anyways?!

Anyone know?

Re: Pre-Wedding Bloodwork?!

• edited December 2011
    No, they don't require it.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • edited December 2011
    And I think it's to make sure you're not related.. LOL
  • edited December 2011
    And also to make sure neither person has an STD. Syphilis used to be a HUGE concern.
  • edited December 2011
    Some states require it, but ours doesn't.  That's nice of them to ask I guess?!  Kind of odd, but whatever lol.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_pre-wedding-bloodwork?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:df6eb69d-b027-46c2-bd62-f5948db56c70Post:c384e315-4502-4189-b0fc-df4c32fd39b7">Re: Pre-Wedding Bloodwork?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]And I think it's to make sure you're not <strong>related</strong>.. LOL
    Posted by lyndopo[/QUOTE]

I thought Lynette wrote retarded, thats what I get for reading in the dark without my glasses :P LOL
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • edited December 2011
    Marian.. if blood work was required I would have NEVER GOTTEN MARRIED!  I'm terrified of needles! lol
  • edited December 2011
    it use to be required years ago..so maybe when he got married they needed it and he might think they still do..my mom told me they did it when she got married with my dad... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards