Illinois

Need a church in the burbs!

We are getting married next July. I am catholic and he is baptist. We need a non-denom church site. We are trying to find something in the glen ellyn, winfield, wheaton, glendale heights, etc. The reception will be at the Abbington so we are hoping for something within a 10-15 mile radius.

Re: Need a church in the burbs!

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Abbington too! Less than 3 months now, I can't believe. Sorry, I'm getting married at a catholic church in Naperville, but I think there's a chapel in Elmhurst where Elmhurst college is (Wilder Park?).

Sorry I'm not much help!

Good luck
    My Planning Website Tied The Knot on 12-4-10! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • faceplace05faceplace05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in a similar situation.  I was wondering if you got an answer to your question.  I have been looking online at historic chapels - those that are being preserved by charity groups rather than a religious group.  I haven't found any really near the northwest suburbs were I would like to be except for Schram chapel in Glenview.  If you found a link or a person with a list of churches that will marry non-members I would really appreciate it!!!
  • heyyjude7heyyjude7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what about the Century Memorial Chapel at the Naper Settlement in downtown Naperville?  We went to a wedding there, and it was gorgeous.  The bride was Lutheran and the groom was Catholic.  It was wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards