Nevada-Las Vegas

Mandalay Bay Vista Suite

So getting nervous... We are getting married in October and as time approaches, I get more nervous about the outside catering.  I have a cousin who is catering our reception in a Vista Suite and I am so afraid that he is not going to be able to get in. Is there anyone who can offer any advice? I know most say it is a "dont ask don't tell type of thing" but I would love to talk to someone who has actually done it.

I am expecting 50-60 people. Is there room? Should we rent tables? Does the Mandalay Bay let you rent tables?

If anyone else has had there reception there and they could offer me any tips I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Re: Mandalay Bay Vista Suite

• I would suggest you not mentioning the reception to Mandalay Bay. You probably should at least rent high top tables for people to put their food on. I would suggest you rent from RSVP rentals. That way you won't involve MB at all. Hope this helps - I am just basing my opinion on reviews that I have read. Don't worry - I have not read one review where a bride was unhappy with MB's Vista Suite.
  • Thank you so much for replying! I haven't mentioned anything to Mandalay Bay yet! I will look into the high tables and possibly renting a dance floor from RSVP rentals!
  • There are no restrictions on the elevators for vista's so getting your guests and caterers to the room won't be an issue; all kinds of vendors, etc. roll things across the lobby of Mandalay all day long.  However, 50-60 is definitely pushing the high side for that room, and I would not get a dance floor; if people start jumping around on a hard floor, it's going to make more noise that makes it through the walls and floor to other guests which might draw the attention of security, and Mandalay has had several recent examples of security asking wedding receptions to clear the room, possibly with no 1st warning.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mandalay-bay-vista-suite-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:08acdda3-0ab5-4a76-b6ce-c8cc5461478dPost:5a6c6333-542a-4c15-9b88-c995611734e2">Mandalay Bay Vista Suite</a>:
    [QUOTE]So getting nervous... We are getting married in October and as time approaches, I get more nervous about the outside catering.  I have a cousin who is catering our reception in a Vista Suite and I am so afraid that he is not going to be able to get in. Is there anyone who can offer any advice? I know most say it is a "dont ask don't tell type of thing" but I would love to talk to someone who has actually done it. I am expecting 50-60 people. Is there room? Should we rent tables? Does the Mandalay Bay let you rent tables? If anyone else has had there reception there and they could offer me any tips I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
    Posted by shannonvt[/QUOTE]

I'm having my reception at the MB Vista Suite and using outside catering. We are not telling MB. We rented 3 high round cocktail tables, a 6ft banquet table, 2 standing beverage dispensers, linens and uplighting through RSVP rentals. We are expecting 30-40 guests. We also hired a bartender through Absolute and are providing our own alcohol. I'm mostly worried about noise since we did hire a DJ and Travis Allen will be appearing. If we get the boot, it will suck, but it won't ruin the day for me. We'll just hit the club and do it movin'. It's a risk I have to take by choosing this route. Hoping for the best, however.
  • Yeah, I would not get a dance floor. I don't think you will have room and the noise factor. You should be fine with getting the food in. Just tip the bellhops heavily when carrying up items and you will be good to go. Mandalay Bay will not rent you anything, you will have to get them from RSVP Rentals. Krissystyle has a good list in the above post.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards