Wedding Party

Bridesmaids' Gifts

Just wondering what fun and creative gifts you all  are giving your maids?

Re: Bridesmaids' Gifts

• Bio.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Please take some time to look through a couple of pages of posts here, because this question is asked often.  And here's the answer that you're most likely to get:

Don't shop for your WP.  Shop for your friends.  WP gifts don't have to be, not should be they be matchy-matchy.  Nor should they be about your wedding.  So anything at all that you're expecting them to wear/use for your wedding is not a gift.

What does each of your friends like?  What would you buy them for their birthday?  There you go.

I love Glee, so for me a DVD of season one would be awesome.  But another BM might hate Glee, so that would do nothing for her.

See what I mean?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • I should mention that my bio gifts are very specific to the recipient. 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Bio
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • edited July 2010
    This is a very common question on this board, as noted - scrolling through a few pages will reveal several other times this was asked and the answers given...

Just shop for your friends with their personalities / styles / hobbies / interests in mind and you'll be good to go. You know them better than we do. And a gift that takes their individual likes into consideration will be much better recieved and appreciated than something strangers on the internet could suggest to you.

I got my girls' gift cards to their 2 favorite stores as well as some other smaller items that were fitted to each one's personalities...they also each got a 5x7  photo frame for a photo of their choosing (from the wedding or from whatever they wanted to put in it). So if you want to go that route, that's always an option. I'm not sure how "fun and creative" gift cards are, but I know they were appreciated by my friends.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards