Not Engaged Yet

Good Morning, Wed.?, E!eventy!!

Good morning ladies!  I just got back from my interview.  It went great.  I'm super excited, and I'm ready for them to call me back. 

This is the third interview I've been on, and this is the first one where I'm practically giddy and I really want it. 
The business is on a back road, about a mile from the house BF and I have been on the fence about buying. 
Soooo, in one shot I may decide to change jobs and buy a house.  Awesome, huh?

Wednesday Question:
Have you ever made a big boo-boo in an interview?  Ever said or did anything wrong?  Farted? Accidentally cursed?  Came in unprepared?  Had a 'doh' moment?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Good Morning, Wed.?, E!eventy!!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on the great news!!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I hope they hire you!  Glad to hear it went well.  As for me I had an interview for a job that I came in for so under prepared.  I wanted to shrink and hide where I sat.  I couldn't even answer 2 out of five of the most important questions.
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had two cups of coffee in comparison to my normal one.  I'm KUI of extra caffiene and adrenaline. 

My answer:

Interview w/BIG lawyer corporation: They wanted to assign me to work on making claims for vehicles.  I practically shrugged throughout the entire interview and left clueless as to what the job was really about.  I told the interviewer this.  If I would've tried a little harder, I would have gotten in to a big corporation with a lot of opportunities.

ETA: I also came in to an interview for a job without a copy of my resume once.  My printer died and I couldn't get it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm horrible with names. Last summer I worked for a solicitor's office here in the state and had lots of face time in front of judges. Great experience, but unless their nameplate is in front of me, I just don't remember. so in interviews when people ask me who I have been in front of, I never remember the judges names. Oh well. 
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Luck!! That would be so awesome to be that close to your (potentially) new home!

I have been stellar in ALL of my interviews, j/k. I can't think of any big OOPS moments. In the last interview I did, one of the interviewers told me to "get lost" at the end.

It was within the company I work for and the interviewer is one of my favorite coworkers. He told me later on that I was his #1 interview pick but upper management decided to go with another girl who had more experience...hpmh.
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    A friend of a friend (sounds real legit...), ate a leaf off a nearby plant during an interview! She was apparently really nervous and tried to laugh it off, but the interviewer was totally freaked out. Hehe to be a fly on the wall in that room...

I've had a couple awkward moments but nothing story worthy. Interviewing is so nerve racking.

My favorite interview moment is from Stepbrothers:
    Pam: (Interviewing Brennan) Well, Brennan you certainly have had a lot of jobs.
    Brennan: I'm a bit of a spark plug...and, Human Resources Lady, I think...
    Pam: You know, actually, it's Pam.
    Brennan: I'm sorry. Well, Pan...
    Pam: No, my name is PAM.
    Brennan: Are you saying Pam? or Pan?
    Pam: I'm saying Pam. Yeah, I'm sorry, who is this gentlemen behind you? (Dale pokes his head out from behind Brennan)
    Dale: Hello, Ms. Lady! I'm Dale, I'm Brennan's stepbrother, and I think I may be able to help with the Pan-Pam dilemma.
    Brennan: Yeah, that'd be great.
    Dale: Pan.
    Pam: Pam.
    Brennan: Pand...There's a D on the end.
    Dale: With an M.
    Pam: There's no D. it's Pam.
    Dale: It's like "Comb" except P-A-N-M. N-N. There's two N's.
    Brennan: Two M's. That was the confusion.

(Later...)

Pam: I think we've had enough...
    Brennan: Shush up for one second. Shut your mouth. Wait. Shut your mouth.
    Pam: I'm sorry what did you say?
    Brennan: You're just coming off stupid.
    Pam: Oh. I'm coming off stupid? You're wearing tuxedos to a job that requires you to clean bathrooms! Please leave this office. We're done with this interview.
    Brennan: Do we get any kind of souvenir?
    Pam" Get out of my office!!
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In our MBA program we did a mock interview that they taped, and then we met again a few days later to critique. Mine was so bad that they kept my copy to show to subsequent classes. Basically, I answered every question without thinking, just launched right into answers, and talked extremely quickly. Luckily, the woman conducting the interview knows me really well, so she was able to talk me through a lot of the mistakes I made so I won't make them again. In general, I'm pretty bad at talking myself up... I guess my parents taught me not to be prideful!

Wrkn - congrats on kicking a$$ in the interview... can't wait to hear you got the job!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    Fingers crossed you get good news soon, Wrkn! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_good-morning-wed-eeventy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:18bfcc0e-9f49-4aca-b8fb-af2a112811baPost:0cc401f5-670b-4544-ad27-51c436574dc6">Good Morning, Wed.?, E!eventy!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wednesday Question: Have you ever made a big boo-boo in an interview?  Ever said or did anything wrong?  Farted? Accidentally cursed?  Came in unprepared?  Had a 'doh' moment?
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

When I was a junior in college I was asked by the CEO of a non-profit to intern at her company. I was waitressing at a nice breakfast place that her and her partners would regularly visit before heading to work and I became well acquainted with them and they knew I was a nursing major in college. I was extremely excited because I was asked directly by her, and I figured it would look really great on my resume. So I get to the interview and they begin informing me of all the nitty gritty details of the job, and I realized I was completely and utterly not qualified for the job (not to mention uninterested). I had to tell them I really appreciated the offer but was a little mislead as to what I would be doing. Awkward.
    5/27/12
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  Congratulations!  I really hope you get some good news soon!!!  fingers crossed on this end.

Lately, all I've had are phone interviews.  And I am TERRIBLE at them.  I don't mind talking on the phone to people I know, but people I don't know...*shudder*.  Although the last one I had I got in to grad school, so I guess I'm not too awful.  I just never ask the right questions.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats, I really hope you hear back from them!

During my first teaching interview, I had to do a demo lesson. I thought of one that I had done successfully in my methods class (with other adults, mind you) and during my student teaching (with kids I knew, under the watchful eye of my host teacher.) At any rate, this lesson involved me handing out fist-sized rocks to a class of 30 first-graders that I have never met before.

It was a catastrophe, I couldn't even finish the lesson. I actually stopped in the middle and said "Yeah.... I'm done."

This was three years ago, I have much more teaching experience now and would never make that kind of mistake again. While it was really embarrassing at the time, I can thankfully look back and laugh at myself.  We all screw up, but hopefully we learn something!

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    So glad it went well, Wrkn!  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I had a "d'oh" moment once.  The interviewer asked "what are your values?" and I completely blanked.  Not just that I couldn't think of my answer -- I couldn't even figure out what she meant by "values".  I mumbled through it, said something about qualities in others that I value or something, and left the interview all shaken up.  About 5 minutes later in the car, my head cleared and I felt like an idiot.  I actually ended up getting the job, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards