Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Boudoir Photo Shoots in the Philly Area?

So... I had never heard of these until recently and now I'm completely intrigued.  Have any of you been to a photo studio that offers boudoir shoots?  I kind of want to do an album for my fiance in addition to my "real" wedding present for him.  I also might do it for a first anniversary present.  It's completely out of the usual for me and I think the look on his face would be worth any potential issues iwth shyness.

Besides, I don't remember a time when I wasn't neigh obsessive about working out and eating right at least 6 days a week.  I should probably do something to preserve this before Father Time makes me pay up... and what better excuse?

Any suggestions for studios in the area with decent prices and a comfortable atmosphere would be highly appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Boudoir Photo Shoots in the Philly Area?

• Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Sarah Schulte Photography, and after doing it, switched to use her for my wedding photog. because I loved her/the pictures so much. Hair and make up is included in her "group" sessions, but you still have all the privacy, it just means for girls do it on the same day. She's fantastic and reasonable.

I also really love Kamila Harris, but didn't use her. Her pictures are awesome though. I think she's a little more expensive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_boudoir-photo-shoots-philly-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:892fdd73-4c48-417b-9dda-511f832371e8Post:8c6be114-e37b-4322-90a9-0f23a5228392">Re: Boudoir Photo Shoots in the Philly Area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Sarah Schulte Photography, and after doing it, switched to use her for my wedding photog. because I loved her/the pictures so much. Hair and make up is included in her "group" sessions, but you still have all the privacy, it just means for girls do it on the same day. She's fantastic and reasonable. I also really love Kamila Harris, but didn't use her. Her pictures are awesome though. I think she's a little more expensive.
    Posted by ButtonsPepper[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I booked with Sarah for her Group Session in April and can't wait! I'm doing it as a 1-Year Anniversary present for my DH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Sarah Schulte, in a group session. I'm going just a few days before my wedding, because it was the only group session with openings left at the time but I think it will actually work out well because it will help me relax and I'll be in good shape and have my nails done and stuff for the wedding. Like you, it is so not like me to do, and I know FI will be shocked but I think he will love it. I chose Sarah because everyone said how comfortable she makes you feel, which was really key for me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    feinicstinefeinicstine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thanks so much!  I actually saw her as one of the recommended photographers for the venue I'm using, but went with another based on pricing and portfolio.  Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI Jenn Childress just opened up 2 dates for marathon bpics sessions in May and August.  She does a fantastic job but is a bit on the more expensive side.  I also like Kamilla's work.

I also used Sarah.  LOVE her.  Super sweet and makes you feel very comfortable.  
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Throwing in another vote for Sarah...I think for what she offers with her packages (hair/makeup/lots of time to shoot.outfit changes/an album of 5x7s) she was the most inclusive for the best price when I did mine about two years ago. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can somone give me an ideo of around what Sarah charges for a group session?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a bad gauge for sure...in two years I am sure her prices are different.  I promise she won't be offendd if you just e-mail her directly for pricing.
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I havent done my yet but I love Kamila  Harris' take on these!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check Alanna Ralph Photography.  Her site is www.alannaralph.net. She has a salon as well and is very creative.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards