Rhode Island

4/16 Wedding RAVES! The Glen Manor House and Glorious Affairs!

Wow, my wedding was better than I could have imagined.  Everything was perfect and the guests are still raving about how much fun they had.  I am so happy.  I'll be posting about all of my awesome vendors.... i may  need a few posts... oh and i preapologize for all the "beautiful, awesomes, and amazings" you're prob going to read about...

Venue - Glen Manor House - A+
WOW - can you say gorgeous?  Even though it was COLD and windy and rainy we had a beautiful ceremony and a great reception.  Katie was amazing, making sure we were happy and that everything was ready to go for our big day.  The place is beautiful and beautifully kept, no dust, everything was shiny and clean.  Our guests LOVED it, kept commenting how beautiful it was.  If you have any doubts about this place please forget about them.  The Rehearsal was the weekend before and was also awesome.  Katie will work with you and whatever you want/need to make sure you are happy.  I couldn't have imagined anything better.

Caterers - Glorious Affairs - A+
HOLY COW - can you say DELISH?!  I'll start with the food but this may get to be a long one...  Food - awesome, lots of passed apps (Scallops in bacon w/ maple cream sauce OMG), did a surf and turf (no choices - worked out well).  Food was delicious.  Drink?  Have to do open bar at the Glen but it was def reasonably priced and awesome.  Guests were amazed at the variety of booze they had to choose from.  Also, requested certain wines/beers for family members and they were there and enjoyed!  The wait staff that night was phenomenal.  I was never empty handed and neither was anyone in the bridal party!  Our own personal waitress was awesome awesome, anything we needed from drinks to help finding the flower girl's sweater, she was on it.  So impressed.  And of course, Barbara?!  Sooo great to work with!  We had special requests and late night pizza that was bomb and anything we requested she took care of it.

Before I continue, I just want to note that knowing Katie and Barbara were going to tag team and take care of my day left me with no worries WHATSOEVER about the schedule or flow of the wedding.  It truly is amazing to be able to just enjoy yourself and not worry about who is where and needs to be here and it's time for this or that and find grandpa and cue the DJ - NONE OF THAT.  I was so amazed and happy!

Re: 4/16 Wedding RAVES! The Glen Manor House and Glorious Affairs!

• edited December 2011
    So glad to hear! I am using Glorious Affairs at the Glen as well! Would love to see some pictures if you have any! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married at the Glen with Glorious Affairs. I'm so excited to hear everything went well! Congrats on your marriage!
  • edited December 2011
    not really many photos yet...  you can friend request me on fb... same as username @ gmail . com... as there are some on there from guests!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards