Arizona-Phoenix

AZ Bridal Show

Are any of you going to the bridal show/expo in June, or perhaps you've already been to an expo? I've always wanted to go to one, but I of course wanted to wait until I was engaged. I think I'll pretty much have everything booked by then, but I still wanted to go for the experience. I'm also hoping (okay, secretly praying) I'll win a bridal gown! :)

Any thoughts or suggestions about the expo itself?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: AZ Bridal Show

• sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went even after I had everything planned.  I went just for the experience.  Your info gets out there hardcore at it though.  Tons of emails will flood your inbox and you'll get phone calls too.  In order to "win the bridal gown" you have to give out all of your info, which is how they get it.

Honestly, I would go, but not give out info.  I put a lot of effort into taking myself off the lists afterwards and it wasn't worth it.  If you still a vendor or have interests in something, they give out papers for you.

Definitely fun and I am glad I went though!
  • brittandjpbrittandjp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mhmm..bummer! I've totally already made up a second email account for this exact purpose. With doing all the research I've already done and providing my email for most resources, I'm already getting a ton of emails. I'm so glad I thought to do that beforehand..
    Now, if I could just get a second phone line. ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I went to the one in January.  We had most of our major vendors booked already, but I still needed just a few more things.  It was still helpful to go.  I got a better idea on floral prices, saw lots of pictures so I got an idea of cool shots I wanted, etc.  Plus FI enjoyed tasting all the cake :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_az-bridal-show?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:aa2ee512-8348-4fb6-ad6b-4560eaf0aa80Post:aec7cba8-5c38-44e3-8b52-946ad3e06479">Re: AZ Bridal Show</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mhmm..bummer! I've totally already made up a second email account for this exact purpose. With doing all the research I've already done and providing my email for most resources, I'm already getting a ton of emails. I'm so glad I thought to do that beforehand.. Now, if I could just get a second phone line. ;)
    Posted by brittandjp[/QUOTE]

<div>haha. You can always create a google voice account and not have it forwarded to your phone. It will just send you an EMail when anyone leaves a voice mail. I did this when I started working at my current job and was getting too many phone calls on my personal phone from their members. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the one in Jan. also, and I thought it was so fun.
    I even won a bridal tiara from Demetrios!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm planning to go. I don't know if any of you were mailed a free ticket, but I was, but needed one for for the fiancé so bought the 2 for 1 deal online-- anyway, I've got an extra ticket now if you want it. Just let me know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards