September 2012 Weddings

How freaked out would you be if you were me? NWR

I've been on birth control for about 6 years.  I had an irregular period before (missed for a whole year....hence the birth control) but ever since I've been extremely regular.  I typically get my period consistently within a 4 hour window.  Only twice has it been off.  Once a couple years ago I was 6 hours "late."  And the second time....is right now!  I should have gotten it overnight Monday night but it is over 24 hours later and still no period.  I did have a little bit of brown somehting in my underwear yesterday but I normally bleed with a "regular" not light flow with one heavy day (sorry if TMI).  I know one day wouldn't freak most people but this is weird for me. 

Logically, there are a lot of factors that make this seem like it could be no big deal.  I have been working out the most I ever have on this particular BC (switched in October because my normal one was recalled).  I have been eating healthier which generally means less since I don't consume so many empty calories.  FI moved 4 hours away 2 1/2 wks ago and I have only seen him for 24 hours since so sex has been decreased drastically (well, it is non-existent obviously except for that 24 hours).  My stress has been up because it is midterms at school and FI and I have had a tough time transitioning to long distance.  I also logically know if it were to be pregnancy, FI is with me 100% so I don't have to do it alone or anything.  And he's aware of what's going on so he's being a champ and remaining calm somehow.

But, emotionally I'm playing the what-if game in my head.  I'm only 24 and we wanted to wait a while (we do want kids we just want to get some other stuff done first and have some time just us).  I really don't feel ready (of course you rise to the occassion but still so overwhelming).  We have this wedding in 7 months!  I just started going back to school!  Our finances are scarce. 

The logically argument is far stronger but obviously my hormones are whacked now so how do I keep the emotional argument at bay!?  Fortunately I see FI this weekend so I have someone there to keep me calm and if need be don't have to take a preggers test alone.

Re: How freaked out would you be if you were me? NWR

• It's probably stress. If you don't get it in a day or two I would take a test just for peace of mind. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Don't worry about it, Girlie.  The more anxiety it causes you, the later it will be.  At least that's what I've always found.  The more I worried, it wouldn't come and then it ALWAYS comes the day after you take a pregnancy test.  My (remedial, non-professional) opinion is that the test put my mind at ease and then there it was.  You can get a test at the dollar store if you don't want to spend a lot of money on what is probably nothing.  My friend used those all the time (yeah, I said it...lol) and they were correct 100% of the time, positive twice and negative every other time.  
      I hope you get the peace you need.  I'm 24 as well and our weddings look like they're on the same day, so I can understand your fears.  You have a good attitude, things will work out either way.
    September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Try to stay calm- if you are taking your BC every day (and haven't missed any days), it is *extremely* unlikely that you are pregnant. BC is 99.9% effective after all! And that 0.1% includes user error (ie someone misssing a pill or two). 

Go over to the dollar store and buy a test today, it will make you feel better. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • I completely agree with PPs. Yes, I have spent money on pregnancy tests before that I didn't need to but they totally gave me peace of mind. And of course my period always ame the next day! lol But the way I see it is it's worth a few bucks just to not be on edge.
  • When I'm a little late I tend to get a little anxiety, but just tell myself that it's ok, my body isn't a clock and sometimes it misses it's alarm.

Every one of the factors you said are more than likely contributing to it. Just try not to think about it (easier said than done I know) and if it still hasn't come when you see your FI, give him the scoop and take the test together (don't do it alone!)

GOOD LUCK I'll pray for a period for you lol I would never wish this on anyone but in your case I'll make an exception :)
  • Thanks, ladies.  I actually have one.  I'm going to wait until this weekend when I'm with FI because I'd like him to be there in case it is positive.  That is something he should share.  Just need to relax until then.  I'm either already pregnant or not....considering he isn't around that can't change one way or another between now and the weekend haha.
  • This was me last week!  I did my detox wrap saturday and woke up sunday full on heavy.  I had spotted my last period and I got a little scared.  I didn't want to be "that" bride, but everything turned out ok.  When I went to my nutritionist last week, he could tell I was stressed and gave me some supplements to help with that.

All I can say is try NOT to stress because the anxiety makes it worse.  Don't think about it and just go on. 
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • THIS is why I keep at least one in the house ALWAYS! like pp-without fail it comes the day after I take the test. 

I understand waiting for him to be there with you, try to stay sane for the next fe days we'll be thinking of you!

I'm 30 and I would FLIP MY SH!T if I got knocked up right now!! Seriously i would come around, and we do want kids someday, but the switch in my head of pregnant=horrifying still hasn't changed from when I was single.  I am just so not ready!
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey my FI and I were trying to get pregnant and we both FREAKED OUT when it happened. So I completely understand how you're feeling. Its a huge life changer so your reaction is normal. Like you said, you're either pg or not, nothing will change between now and seeing your FI. So if you can wait until the wknd, take the test with him so you have your support system with you. I hope the test turns out the way you want it to. It sounds like stress and exercise are just messing with your body though. Let us know the outcome!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_how-freaked-out-would-you-be-if-you-were-me-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:6b61b672-99c3-44cd-ba0e-f508b2bfc342Post:ff8500c8-9e00-437d-a78f-11b76928c5f2">Re: How freaked out would you be if you were me? NWR</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey my FI and I were trying to get pregnant and we both FREAKED OUT when it happened. So I completely understand how you're feeling. Its a huge life changer so your reaction is normal. Like you said, you're either pg or not, nothing will change between now and seeing your FI. So if you can wait until the wknd, take the test with him so you have your support system with you. I hope the test turns out the way you want it to. It sounds like stress and exercise are just messing with your body though. Let us know the outcome!
    Posted by betsy1486[/QUOTE]

Well, congratulations!!!  I see you are pretty far along!  Best of luck to you and I hope everything goes well with your delivery.
  • Oh, just to add (b/c it might make you feel better), that a few months ago I went 2 whole cycles without getting any bleeding at all (I'm on yaz). I didn't bleed at all until almost all the way through my third cycle. And I'm always SPOT on (no pun intended)- fourth Friday at 5pm. I didn't even take a test because I just felt like there was no way. Looking back, I probably should have taken one but oh well. 
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • ugh!  The stress of being a woman.  FI came home with a 4 pack last week because he thought something was wrong.  I know I'm going to get my periods when I'm so tired I can hardly function, I'm EXTRA BITCHY, and my boobs hurt to the touch of a bra for about two weeks. 

This month, I was tired a few days, bitchy a few days and my boobs did not and still don't hurt at all.  Luckily it came yesterday a few days early.

I think its nice that you're waiting for FI to be there, and I have no clue how you're doing it.  For me the second I feel like something isn't right I take two.  I take two because once it was wrong and I was miscarrying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards