Getting in Shape

Just had a really big Ahah moment

So I am on WW for the 3rd time, I had lost allot  the first time , struggled the second time and then started to gain all 80lbs and 10 back. Bow I'm doing really well this time.  I am down 37 lbs since January I have a total of about 100 lbs to loose to reach my goal.  I don't deprive myself if I don't like it I don't eat it even if it is "really good for you" Or low in Points Plus.  I make sure I enjoy my food.  

But even when I did good the first time I would always have secret eating times, I don't have that now I don't do the big binges.  I do ave my pizza last weekend I had a great burger and fries, but I don't follow that up with a blizzard like I use to.  

I also don't feel the pressure to loose the weight NOW.  I do want to be happy with the way I look in my wedding dress so there is that but I already know I'd be happy with the way I look now than I did 37 lbs ago.  And I have more time.  My goal is to be at my goal weight by the time I get pregnant (We are waiting about a year after we get married to start trying).  And then it just hit me, for once I'm not loosing weight because I think I have to in order to find a man.  I already have one who loves me at my biggest, so I don't have to get to my smallest to be loved.  It's a great feeling to know I'm loosing weight to make ME feel better, to make ME be healthy, and to give ME the chance to have a healthy pregnancies.  I just realized for once I am doing this for ME!  

Just thought I'd share that with you all, because I know that so many people myself included have tried to loose weight for reasons other than just them. 
"Faith Hope and Love are some good things he gave us, and the greatest is Love"

Re: Just had a really big Ahah moment

• I think that is great!  If you are doing it for the right reasons, then you will stick with it.  37 pounds is already an amazing achievement.  You should be incredibly proud of yourself!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • melhigsmelhigs member
    First Comment
    That is a HUGE accomplishment! I am looking to you for inspiration.
  • Way to go! Keep up the hard work [: 
  • JA2003JA2003 member
    First Comment

I just wanted to tell you how inspiring that story is. It is such a motivation to realize that you're working so hard for yourself and when you share that, you definitey help others!!

"We should get jersey's, 'cuz we make a good team." Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Congrats!! I just started WW last week! I'm slowly starting to lose weight! I also just started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (if you're looking for something to push you regarding exercise-thats it!) 37 pounds is great! Congrats again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE THIS.  its SO important to understand that weight loss shouldn't be temporary. the changes you make should be a towards a lifestyle that you enjoy living -- otherwise as soon as you look/feel fantastic, you may fall into old habits and the weight comes right back.

I'm so glad you've found your motivation, and have understood that this is a slow, steady change that YOU want to make...and one you want to keep. not to mention it's a great lesson to pass on to your (eventual) kids.

congrats, and keep it up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards